Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I imagine manufacturers of AR mags must be pumping them out around the clock. There are numerous online sites I check, expecting to eventually see them offered. I do have plenty but just out of curiosity I check these sites. Where are they?

·
Registered
32 Posts
They gone ....sold out, on back order *** if *** you find them in stock they are way over priced! Heard pmags are B/O over 1yr. Maybe since the presidents executive orders was mostly focused on background, mental health and obviously and thankfully Congress will take forever to act if they act at all on magazine or AWB ...maybe this will give prices and availability to relax again unless ur in a crazy state like New York

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
People are buying them that don't even own an AR..... Just in case they ever get one.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They gone ....sold out, on back order *** if *** you find them in stock they are way over priced! Heard pmags are B/O over 1yr. Maybe since the presidents executive orders was mostly focused on background, mental health and obviously and thankfully Congress will take forever to act if they act at all on magazine or AWB ...maybe this will give prices and availability to relax again unless ur in a crazy state like New York
I know they are gone but new ones are being made everyday. Where are these going, none listed anywhere.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Was lucky enough to find 2 re-manufactured pmags the other day at my LGS (the one that does not gouge). I picked them up and put them in the bottom of the safe with my stripped lower. I think a lot of them are going into safes or into the ground. JMHO

·
Registered
281 Posts
I've been looking online every night at 5 or 6 sites and have managed to accumulate 19 mags in the last 4 days for my new SR556. 4 FNH Steel (new and easier to find), 6 Magpul Pmags black (new and very hard to find), 2 Magpul Pmags Dark Earth (new and still around), 2 Magpul Emags black (new), and 5 used Thermolds as back ups.

All were a little over priced, but not terrible. I found that some stock would appear at night at sites that were showing out of stock. So I check on line around 1am EST and found 3 sites that had them momentarily. They were gone in a matter of minutes.

I would have preferred all new black Gen 2 Pmags, but I'm happy to have found what I did so far. 1 PMag from Ruger wasn't gonna cut it. But I will wait now until the frenzy is over and prices normalize before considering anything more. I will likely sell the dark earth and thermolds later after I have more of what I prefer.

The sites that showed "night time" stock: Cabelas, US Armorment, Surplus Ammo.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Yup, backorders. Gotta believe orders are continuing to be placed so that backorder list just keeps growing and growing. Not until those are caught up with will there really be any openly available.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I heard Magpul has a 1 million unit backlog for Pmags. I wish I owned a piece of the company! LOL
Are they publicly traded? That would be some damn good stock to own.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Just because they are manufactured doesn't mean they'll go straight to market. As long as they are made pre-ban they are legal (?) And they are worth more after the proposed ban enforcement date. Anyone think they might be holding back to make some money before the "drought"?

I know I've had a stack of unopened gen2 pmags and surplus metal mags in my safe for a while and I think they'll stay there. I usually only take 1 to the range anyways.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I want to mention that in my above posts about night time stock, ALL orders have now shipped with tracking numbers. They were not back orders.

Cabelas shipped the FNH metal mags (4)
US Armorment shipped the Magpul Pmags Gen 2 black (6)
Surplus Army shipped Magpul Pmags Gen 2 earth (2) AND Magpul Emags (2)

Keep checking at night. You can still find them...

·
Registered
170 Posts
I picked up 4 ea new AR-15 30 rd mags (Brownells)at the gun show last Saturday.

·
Registered
281 Posts
usarmorment.com still has some Magpul MOE mags in stock as of this post. Same as the original pmag, just sans the dust cover. Over priced though.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I saw tons of them at the Fon Du Lac gun show last weekend, they ranged anywhere from $25 (metal GI) to $40-$75 for the Pmags.

Funny thing is I didn't see anyone buying or selling them, maybe the initial hoarding has top off.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
Supply and demand. The demand has shot up thanks to Feinstein and company and these mags and the rifles that use them are selling faster than they can be made.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts