Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been interested in the .308 variant for awhile now and have occasionally checked their availability online since they were released. They were scarce before but now that I have put one on order my LGS is telling me his distributor hasn't been able get any in the past month or so. (This is supposedly coming from the largest Ruger distributor in the southwest.) As a new, and somewhat popular offering, you'd think Ruger would be churning these out to meet demand. Anyone have any insight on their production status?

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
A while back I opted out of getting one of the first RPR's in .308 my LGS got in! MSRP at the time was $990 now it's $1,399.

Another LGS is taking orders at $1,500. with NO date of arrival.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I jumped on it primarily due to my LGS' price. I can't complain with $1,030 out the door. Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I paid $1089 out the door for one in 6.5 Creedmoor back on July 24. I still haven't received it. Could be any day now or longer. I can't get an answer from anyone.

·
Premium Member
14,865 Posts
Got my 308 in mid-October after watching some on-line retailers like a hawk. When I had it FFL'ed the LGS owner asked how much I paid for it (1150 bucks), then said he could have saved me 90 bucks. I asked him how long before he could get one and the reply was he didn't know. For 90 bucks I was able to shoot it a couple times. I reloaded my own ammo and saved the 90 bucks already.

They are more than worth the wait.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For what its worth, the Gun Shop/FFL I use, ordered one in late December 2014 (to get ahead of the list) and hasn't received it yet. I'm told the list is lengthy and the turnout rate is quite slow because of all the other more popular models that are in demand by the high volume retail outlets and new buyers. I have a friend who ordered one earlier this year and he still is awaiting arrival by his high volume dealer. So I guess that patience is the word as I'm also told that Precision rifle is well worth the wait. Good luck and hope you get your baby soon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I picked one up in .308 lightly used about a month ago. The owner works at a LGS and sent about 2 boxes down range. He needed to liquidate some cash and I wanted something bigger than the S&W M&P 15-22 rifle for my son and I.
The deal came with remaining 460 rounds in the case, Vortex scope, the scope hood, and a set of Butler Creek pop open lens covers. The bipod and p-mags were a bonus.
Keep an eye out and they do pop up but you need cash in hand to make it happen.

·
Premium Member
14,865 Posts
I picked one up in .308 lightly used about a month ago. The owner works at a LGS and sent about 2 boxes down range. He needed to liquidate some cash and I wanted something bigger than the S&W M&P 15-22 rifle for my son and I.
The deal came with remaining 460 rounds in the case, Vortex scope, the scope hood, and a set of Butler Creek pop open lens covers. The bipod and p-mags were a bonus.
Keep an eye out and they do pop up but you need cash in hand to make it happen.
That sounds exactly like my setup. Which Vortex did it come with?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Liked these since first seen them a couple months ago.
Really want one in 308.
Ruger better watch out that a competing company doesn't come up with something similar but readily avail.
They say up to a year to take care of demand , that is just waaay tooo looong.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My scope is the Viper PST. I love the rifle but times have changed so I may move it. Sad, I haven't even gotten to the range yet. There is always another.....
I have reservations on selling as it is a really nice setup. My 16 year old wants to get behind it and see what he can do at long range but I'm not sure I can wait until spring. I have a project in the garage that needs to be running ASAP!

·
Premium Member
14,865 Posts
Have the Viper PST on top and love it! Now is a good time to sell the rifle as they aer commanding some really high prices.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Looks like it's going to be a long wait. Just re-checked with two of the LGS I have been buying from for years. Both put in orders for them as soon as they were "available" to order. Both LGS's have always been great at getting new items before anyone else and they should have been here already. Nothing in sight and zero confirmation on when they might even start showing up. Also looks like the "out the door" price might end up being a bit higher too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyone from Ruger follow this forum? It is hard to believe that they can't supply more RPRs. Reminds me of when the Redhawk 44 came out years ago, and you couldn't find one anywhere.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts