Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase a stand alone Ruger PCC 9mm 6.5 inch barrel. I have a Ruger pc Carbine 9mm, and am looking to turn it into an SBR and have an alternate barrel. Is there anywhere i can buy a separate 6.5 inch 9mm barrel?

·
Registered
772 Posts
I think you may want to go the SBR route to save some cash but you will have to wait 3/4 of a year (in good times) and more likely up to a year to get the permit, pay the $200 and then have restrictions and notification and transportation requirements that go with the SBR permit. Just getting the PC Charger pistol has zero requirements to notify the BATF for certain uses, no tax stamp fee. It's just a normal pistol that the BATF does not have to follow. Yes, it may cost some more than using a short barrel (which you can't get) but has much less hassle. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Short answer, no. Contacted Ruger and they stated they have no plans to sell the components individually. I feel your pain.
Undoubtedly because Ruger doesn't want to be part of making an illegal SBR out of their PC Carbine. The only way to do this would be to buy both the full size carbine and the Charger and mix-and-match the parts. Illegal as all hell unless you go through the ATF paperwork but it could be done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Undoubtedly because Ruger doesn't want to be part of making an illegal SBR out of their PC Carbine. The only way to do this would be to buy both the full size carbine and the Charger and mix-and-match the parts. Illegal as all hell unless you go through the ATF paperwork but it could be done.
I get that but my version doesn't have the pistol grip chassis and I'd like to add it to my PCC without going aftermarket. They're not doing that. I actually don't care to pay the SBR tax, it's less than buying another style PCC. Anyway they aren't interested so I'll look at other options in the future.

·
Registered
180 Posts
The only way you can get additional barrels for the PCC9 is to buy another PCC9.

I wanted to get a threaded barrel for mine and that is the answer Ruger gave me.

There are no aftermarket barrels right now

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking at getting the charger, and then getting a rifle length barrel and regular stock to make it legal for PCC Class for USPSA.

I can see them not offering the pistol length barrels, but i dont see a way to make somthing illegal with the rifle length barrel...

Seems like they wouldn't be able to get in trouble that way...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Undoubtedly because Ruger doesn't want to be part of making an illegal SBR out of their PC Carbine.

I can see them not offering the pistol length barrels, but i dont see a way to make somthing illegal with the rifle length barrel...

Seems like they wouldn't be able to get in trouble that way...
Ruger can't get in trouble if someone mounts a pistol barrel onto a Carbine.

If Ruger were that worried about the liability of someone creating an SBR, they wouldn't be selling AR pistols (AR556) and AR stocks (available on their site).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am looking to purchase a stand alone Ruger PCC 9mm 6.5 inch barrel. I have a Ruger pc Carbine 9mm, and am looking to turn it into an SBR and have an alternate barrel. Is there anywhere i can buy a separate 6.5 inch 9mm barrel?
For what it's worth, I have the same thoughts. I have the carbine and have no desire to spend $800 to get a Charger length front end. The Charger is useless to me without a brace so now I'm at $1000, plus a sight.....$1200 now. i have two SBRs, a 223 and 300 Blk but a 9 would be nice. I think I might just register the Carbine as an SBR and use the stock/chassis from it, instead of a brace. Guess I will just think on it a while longer.

·
Banned
500 Posts
The price of a Ruger Charger + brace is way too high. You can still get 9mm AR pistols for around $650-$700. That's with a brace. Much less expensive than a Charger.

IMHO Ruger should have made both the PCC and the Charger in a non-takedown configuration. It would easily shave $100 or more off the price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts