Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
They're kinda in short supply at the moment, thanks to His Highness, President Obummer (the greatest guns and ammo salesman in the history of the world).

If you're not completely set on the Ruger, the newly updated Smith & Wesson M&P Sport II seems to be fairly easy to find, and there are even deals to be found.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Ruger seems to be selling them as fast as they can make them. Unfortunately, this has led to some manufacturing mistakes as Ruger pushes them out the door. I went to my local gun shop and had them put my name on a waiting list. Luckily, the wait wasn't very long. My dealer was getting them in batches of 2 or 3 and they were selling out as soon as they came in.

·
Registered
382 Posts
In my northcentral area of Iowa where I reside, the Ruger 556 seems to be available. Have seen them at area gunshows and several gunshops I visit and do business over the last 30 days or so. Have also seen the new S&W MP Sport II also. The availability of the 556 across the US sounds like reports of 22 LR ammo. Some regions report of ample supplies, but other reports tell of the 'dog eat dog' chances of getting any. I live in the latter area of brick and mortar 22 ammo supply. Glad I bought a bunch of them before the supply really became bad.

·
Banned
269 Posts
I got a M&P15 a few years back, it doesnt have a forward assist or dust cover, but since its a 5.56 it will also shoot .223 ammo.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Take a look here.....it's in Rhode Island, they took a couple phone orders while I was standing on the other side of the counter filing out the paperwork for mine. I went to pick up my RAP and dropped a deposit on one. That's a good price for RI, I know a couple co workers that paid $700.

D&L Hunting & Outdoor Lodge - Firearms & Firearms Accessories

·
Registered
930 Posts
Good luck Jeff, A buddy at work ordered one from Sportsman's Guide and is waiting for it to arrive in GA.

They had them in stock last weekend.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I ordered one this morning, thanks for the information. Mine was $629 since I am not a member.

Thanks again for the information.
Great, I've shown that site to others who don't bother looking!!! Look around their whole site you may want to become a member!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Called Sportsman Guide this afternoon to verify my order...the gentleman that answered said that they got 500 AR556'syesterday and had sold 167 of them today already!

That is pretty amazing that they got that many of them and had sold that many that fast!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Called Sportsman Guide this afternoon to verify my order...the gentleman that answered said that they got 500 AR556'syesterday . . .
The way people talk you would think that Ruger only makes 500 AR556 a year! :D

·
Registered
330 Posts
Found my S G membership well worth the $30. They give you that in coupons when you join practically. I buy ammo on sale and when they have free shipping. Not a bad deal for the money. saved that much on just the ar556 purchase.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Whittaker Guns in Ky had a pile of them at $569 when I was there last week. Also I bought one on sale at a local Rural King Supply when they first came out.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts