Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some old American Rifleman magazines from 1960 & 61. I love reading them, the old articles & ads are great. I just can't help thinking how did we get so far away from those simple times?

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I got a bunch of em as well. I love looking at the old ads where you could mail order guns. You could buy old Mausers for $20-30 bucks. I even have a real old Rifleman where you could buy 1911s for $19.99 if you were a NRA member!

It seems like most all of the bad things that happened started in the 1960s. JFK getting killed had a lot to do with the Gun Control Act of 68. It was just the excuse some of the powers that be needed to ram this crap down our throats. The NRA was not really very political then, but had to get that way soon after or we would have lost more than we did.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Somebody here has some old gun ads framed and hanging up in their gun room, can't remember who. But that's a nice idea to get a reminder of those simple times every time you see them.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Well, I think things went really wrong in June of 1975....I got out of the Navy, after five and a half years, and went to an unemployment agency. The nice lady there asked me what job I wanted, and I told her I wanted to be King of America......I would have gotten rid of congress, the supreme court and all our federal judges.....my idea didn't catch on, and now look at the mess we're in.....:eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
If you'd quit movin' round, your stuff station would get just as messy as the big boys...I see unused room everywhere...git to the store, fast.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts