Ruger Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'll post a pic when I get it. It might be awhile, my handgun purchase permit expired in May. During CoVid my LEO requires a notorized mail in application. It took me awhile to locate a notary and a stamp. During CoVid nothing seems to be easy.

@nawagner - Since I'm no longer in the hunt there should be 5.5" models showing up. I wish you luck.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
SS 5.5g TrueBlue.jpg
I might have found a load this Single Seven likes; 5.5 grains of True Blue with 100 grain coated Badman Bullet in 32 H&R case @ 30 feet. Groups opened up with 5 and 6 grains of True Blue.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ya know, I had this problem looking for the GP100 5" blued Lipsey in .327 Fed Mag. Everywhere I checked (after I had the cash) I got "No longer available, Out of stock, etc., etc." So around 2019 pre-Christmas, I found a 6" Stainless GP100, 6" barrel, .327 FM on a site and jumped on it. I was under the impression the GP100, or any other model in .327 FM, was no longer available in Ruger.
IMG_2535.jpg
IMG_2535.jpg
IMG_2528.jpg
(Even on the page in my owner's manual that happened to be the instruction page for sight adjustment said something to the effect that, in .327 FED MAG, 'This model is no longer available'). Well, heck, this made my wallet excited...yinz know the feeling $$$! Picked up and shot the gun Dec. 31, 2020. Happy me! Then, on March 16th (my birthday), after coming home with a brand new car, I happened to be looking online, and lo & behold there's a .327FM Lipsey Version blued w/wooden handles, 5" half-lug GP100! (God works in mysterious ways sometimes!) This was the day we went into Cootie-virus shutdown. I finally got to pick up the gun a few weeks later. Although it's been returned thru customer service twice, 'twas no problem since our governor had the shooting ranges in PA shut down. So, I'm sorry for the long prelude, but maybe if you're a little patient, unlike me, maybe you'll luck out and the gun you wish will miraculously appear!
In all seriousness, although it would take some time getting used to a shop vise hanging from my right hip during a leisurely walk through the woods, the 6" stainless model is a better shooter, IMO, than the slightly lighter 5". I like the holsters that kinda hang lower from the upper thigh...they look more comfortable.
Presently, my radar is out for the 8-shot .327FM revolver. I didn't know about them until I bought these two GPs.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts