Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you are fortunate enough to actually have an LCP in your possession, what distributor did it come from? Please post your response, if you know.

I heard through an LGS that they were told by their rep that the "first run" of LCP's was limited to 300. :confused:

For a gun that was supposed to be "available Mid-March," availability is sparse. One might think that RUGER would update their website with an honest "availability" date. :mad: BTW, the definition of "available" is present or ready for immediate use <available resources>

·
Registered
515 Posts
Ruger rep was at a gun store about 2 weeks ago. put your name in pot . He drew 30 names out and they got 80 bucks off. I didn't know about it until yesterday. Got to see one at the range.

·
Banned
36 Posts
I heard through an LGS that they were told by their rep that the "first run" of LCP's was limited to 300. :confused:

For a gun that was supposed to be "available Mid-March," availability is sparse. One might think that RUGER would update their website with an honest "availability" date. :mad: BTW, the definition of "available" is present or ready for immediate use <available resources>
I hope you don't believe the first run was really limited to "300" units, do you? I just love how these myths get started. The pre-production run used for testing etc. may have been limited, but not the production units.

The LCP was avalable as promised and a few days before mid-March to boot. Are there 12 guns on each store shelf? Does every shop and dealer have one? No. I'm sure the popularity of their little pocket pistol was way more than Ruger anticipated, hence the shortage. I was at the Ruger factory in Prescott, AZ a couple of weeks ago. They are turning them out as fast as they can. Just hang on, as with any new popular product, it takes time for supply to catch up with demand.

My LCP was test fired on 2-26-08, purchased on 3-13-03 and the S/N is 370-0156X. To me, it looks like Ruger was telling the truth....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts