Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the range that use most of the time.
Tucson Mountain Park Rifle and Pistol Range
Show us where you shoot

·
Registered
90 Posts
i shoot at the salisbury gun club.
we have 5 skeet fields, 3 trap, 1 five stand, 100yd and 50yd rifle (covered) and a pistol range from 5 to 25 yd. plus a new air rifle range which will soon be covered.
we have a very nice club house and meeting with a steak dinner for $13 on the 1st. wednesday of each month.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Boring little 20 and 24 yard indoor ranges. I'm thinking of getting a membership to the outdoor range so I can shoot a whopping 200 yards.

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
Anyplace except public ranges.

·
Super Moderator
4,081 Posts
We live on some acreage and shoot on our own private range. We have two. One is a dedicated pistol range that has a bunch of steel targets of all shapes and sizes. Some are dueling trees, etc. The other is a measured 100 yard rifle range with a steel gong. You can actually step back to about 130-135 yards but the measured part is 100. I have a couple of places on the property that I can move the rifle gong to if I want to shoot longer distances (225-250 yards) but most of the time we leave it at the measured 100 yard spot. I also built some wooden frames for paper targets that we use on both ranges for bullseye and sighting in scopes and iron sights. The pistol range is about 75 yards from the house and the rifle range is about 150 yards. When I'm really lazy I just shoot off the back porch.

I don't have quite as many targets as Hickock45 but our range is starting to look like his. I'll see if I can dig up a pic or two.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't have quite as many targets as Hickock45 but our range is starting to look like his. I'll see if I can dig up a pic or two.
Reading your description, I had images of Hickok's place forming in my mind.
Find a photo if you can, sounds pretty cool.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Out in the back yard mostly. :D

Another country boy here!

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I can shoot suppressed rimfire in my back yard. I am a member of a nice outdoor range, 9 miles from home. My father owns a 15 acre property 6 miles from my house. I shoot at all three

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
I shoot at a couple of local indoor ranges (25 yd or less) and at a friend's property for extended distances. I hope to own enough land one day to have my own outdoor range.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Private club. Has 25yd range, 70yd range, 100yd range, 500yd range and 600yd range as well as a 10yd and 25yd archery ranges.
On the 100:

On the 25:

At 400y on the 600y range:

Reactions: abarrena

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
I am a member of an indoor range about 5 minutes from home.
The max distance is 25 yds.
Once a month I go to the "Month End Club" and shoot with a group of fellow students who took a course from FTA (Firearms Training Associates).
The instructors looks us over and straighten out our bad habits and give us tips to improve.
The is done at Mike Raahauges Shooting Enterprises in Corona California
Mike Raahauge Shooting Enterprises | Shotgun Sports | Norco, California
They have almost any type of range you could imagine.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I mostly shoot at Moore County Wildlife Conservation Club. We have an archery range, sleet range, 100 yard rifle range, 25yard handgun range, 15 and 7 yard hanfun range, 10 and 20 yard steel plate range and a free standing range that allows Shooters to setup their own targets. We are less than 15 miles from the Pinehurst Resort and it's 9 golf courses.
Last June I had the opportunity to shoot at the new CMP ranges in Talladega, Alabama. If you get a chance to shoot there please do. It is a great shooting facility. They use targets that are scored electronically. No more trips to the butts.

·
Registered
5,630 Posts
Mostly at the Butte Gun Club organized in 1895, four handgun ranges, rifle range, and silhouette range. l use it quite a bit. 15 minutes from the house.

Looking out of the doorway from one of the handgun ranges. The bank back there is 75+ yards.

·
Exalted One
1,722 Posts
Back yard or one of two pastures. Typically 50 yards, but occasionally out to 100. Could do 300, but then it starts getting into woods, endangering innocent critters.

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
I shoot at a range called Gun for Hire in Northern New Jersey. It has a 25 and a 50 yard indoor range and allows up to 50 bmg. It rents handguns and rifles. It is 225 dollars for a membership that then costs 10 dollars for an hour versus 20 otherwise. Outdoor public ranges in Northern nj do not exist.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Not very fancy, but it's only 15 minutes from the house. 100 yard rifle and 25 yard pistol range. $15 for all day, as many firearms as you want.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
I shoot at Tioga County Sportsman's Association here in NY. It has 25 and 50 yd. handgun ranges, 100 yd. silhouette range, 100 and 200 yd rifle ranges, 5-stand shotgun range, indoor pistol range, trap and skeet range, and pits for Cowboy Action shooting as well as archery facilities. A great facility, the largest in a fifty mile radius. $60.00/year for my wife and I.
This is about 15 miles from my apartment.
I have shot trap there, used the archery facilities, the rifle ranges and the pistol ranges.
The pistol ranges are all I use at this time.
TCSA Facilities description page | Tioga County Sportsmen's Association

1 - 20 of 46 Posts