Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that their electronic scale is now made in China, and heard that the Rock Chucker is made there as well. What is the rest of the story?

I am not too pleased with their dies. The primer punch on a new 9mm carbide die lasted two strokes of the press before destroying itself. Upon examination the pin holder seems soft and not heat treated. Fortunately, I had a backup die from a competitor that has loaded about 20,000 rounds that I could use again.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
I bought that RCBS Chargemaster 1500 a few months ago and it's Made in China. The dial caliper I think is Swiss made. RCBS has great CS and if you have a problem they take care of the customer. Most of my RCBS is from the mid to late 70's when it was all made in the USA.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I actually joined this forum tonight, so that I could answer your question, after lurking for a long time.

I happen to work in Oroville, CA, where their manufacturing facility is located. They manufacture all of their reloading dies and other machined parts right here in Oroville. I can't speak for all of their products, but I can say that a majority are made in the U.S., based on what I've seen at their facility.

I purchased a 5-0-5 scale online from Midway and discovered that it had a part that was broken in transit. On a whim, I stopped in on a Friday afternoon, to see if I could get the part replaced. Little did I know that they are closed on Fridays. I was looking in the window and a lady cleaning the office inside saw me, opened the door, and asked if she could help me. I explained my problem, she wrote out a note, and left the scale and message on someone's desk. I received the repaired scale in the mail the next Wednesday.

Honestly, I don't think that there is a better company in our area and I think that they are a class act.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have brand new RCBS dies and a Rock Chucker Jr. that was probably built in 1970. I am very satisfied with both. The quality is un-excelled, wherever they are made. While I would surely like for everything to be made here in my home country, the truth is that we are now a global community. Where a product is made is often driven by what we, the customers are willing to pay for that product. Some of the stuff that has moved overseas has done so to maintain acceptable prices in the marketplace. I presume RCBS is no different from others in this respect.

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
ffrmos, Welcome to the forum. Thanks for that info. You don’t have to tell me what a great company RCBS is. Recently getting back into reloading after a break of several years . I found a problem with one of the primer rod assemblies for the auto priming tool I have. I sent an email telling what I needed, expecting to pay for it. A day or two later I get an email from the CS rep that he ordered a set of these for me and will be shipped out. At N/C. Not long after that I contacted them again about the primer feed tubes. Same thing I was sent a replacement set at N/C.

This one handy priming tool.

https://shop.rcbs.com/WebConnect/MainServlet?storeId=webconnect&catalogId=webconnect&langId=en_US&action=ProductDisplay&screenlabel=index&productId=2886&route=C06J030

·
Registered
27 Posts
Honestly, I don't think that there is a better company in our area and I think that they are a class act.
I can attest to that. I have never seen better customer support from anyone for anything. RCBS should be the standard on CS.
I have dropped them an email to them on numerous occasions and asked about missing or broken parts. Within a day or so the item in question would be in my mail box, no charge, no questions asked.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Rcbs

I have a lot of RCBS equipment but when they went to China with some of their manufacturing, it was a deal breaker for me. All I have bought since is Redding. Anything with the Redding name is made 100% in the USA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts