Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the forum here from Texas. Just got a new Sp101 from the High Caliber gun show for a good price and found this forum. I read around a lot and y'all have very good info here for a new Ruger owner like me. For those of you who swapped out your grip, where can I buy those Hogue grips for the Sp101?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome from NJ. Personally, I can never go wrong on Amazon.com for my gun accessories. They have a good assortment of SP101 rubber & wood grips from different manufacturers (Hogue, Pachmayr, etc). Their prices are good enough to try out a few different ones to see which you like best :)

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
I usually get grips from Amazon or eBay for ease. Price is usually lowest too. There are tons of online vendors with Hogues for your SP, too.

·
Registered
354 Posts
You will pay sales tax and shipping at Amazon. No thanks
I have ordered many, many things from Amazon.com. About 1/3 of the "stuff" is gun accessories. I NEVER pay shipping or tax.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Welcome from NJ. Personally, I can never go wrong on Amazon.com for my gun accessories. They have a good assortment of SP101 rubber & wood grips from different manufacturers (Hogue, Pachmayr, etc). Their prices are good enough to try out a few different ones to see which you like best :)
Yeah, my Hogue grips for the SP101 22 lr, cost me $18.99, delivered, last year. There is a trick to using Amazon. Put the item in your cart...and wait. Over a few days, the price will go up, then down, then up a little, then down. Repeat...

Watch the trend, buy low! Sometimes, a product will become "unavailable" from a certain vendor. But they show more vendors that have the product at that time. Many times, the prices are lower than your "low" price, from the watching game. That is how I got my SP grips for $19.00, down from $22.00

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I have ordered many, many things from Amazon.com. About 1/3 of the "stuff" is gun accessories. I NEVER pay shipping or tax.
Unless you order more than $35 dollars from Amazon(not an affiliated business) then you will pay shipping. Amazon also collects sales tax if they have any operations in your state of residence. Maybe right now you arent paying sales tax on Amazon purchases... but you will. Currently 25 states collect sales tax from Amazon, and there is a push for all 50 states to collect sales tax on Amazon purchases, even if Amazon has no operation in that state, or even if there is no sales tax in that state

·
Registered
354 Posts
Unless you order more than $35 dollars from Amazon(not an affiliated business) then you will pay shipping. Amazon also collects sales tax if they have any operations in your state of residence. Maybe right now you arent paying sales tax on Amazon purchases... but you will. Currently 25 states collect sales tax from Amazon, and there is a push for all 50 states to collect sales tax on Amazon purchases, even if Amazon has no operation in that state, or even if there is no sales tax in that state
The link in post #5 takes you to Amazon.com, the grips are not sold by Amazon and they have free shipping.
I find that everything that I buy there has free shipping. Sure, a lot of it requires more than $35 (used to be only $25 just a year ago or so). But I usually order many times more than the minimum $$ amount anyway. I literally have hundreds of orders from Amazon since 2002. Approx. 60%-70% of my stuff is sold by Amazon...so what do I care where it comes from (really, who sells it)? And I stand corrected. One time, my order came from a vendor in my home state. I paid taxes on $15.00, one time in 13 years. When they start charging tax, I'll worry about that at that time. For now, so far, so good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts