Ruger Forum banner

101 - 120 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
My SP101 2.25 357 DAO with Pachmayr Diamond Pro grips feels the best in my hand but my PC Shield points very naturally for me. My Shield is 1.0 version and the grip feels too smooth/slippery to me so I'm adding Talon rubber adhesive grip which should fix it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Glock 19, nice size for carry, as well as being accurate and reliable

·
Registered
140 Posts
Everyone has different hands and different guns feel better to each person. Your best bet is to visit a local gun store and try different pistols. Pick them up and see which one fit and point naturally.

My hands are fairly large and I do not like the little .380 Auto peashooters. I like a bigger grip.

Ken

·
Registered
31 Posts
Everyone has different hands and different guns feel better to each person. Your best bet is to visit a local gun store and try different pistols. Pick them up and see which one fit and point naturally.

My hands are fairly large and I do not like the little .380 Auto peashooters. I like a bigger grip.

Ken
It depends on body size too. As a average build at 170 lbs I couldn't wear my Beretta 92. Too big but the shield is perfect for me. I'm sure a big guy would have no problem concealing the Beretta or similar large frame gun.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Full size 1911's fit my hand the best and point most naturally. Problem is the grip makes them uncomfortable to carry and difficult to conceal. I picked up the SR1911 officer and love the way it shoots and functions. One issue I have is with larger hands, the thin grips make it point differently. I am thinking of finding some officer sized but standard thick grips for it. It works well now, I just think I would be quicker to get on target if it fit a little better.

Also the RAPC with the large grip feels good and points well fro me.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I find my Glock 19 (older Gen 2) is really hard to beat for fitting my hand and shooting where it naturally points for me.

My Kahr P45 runs a close 2nd.

The 1911 style guns I own fit my hand great, but don't carry (for me) as well. However, I haven't carried since moving to the SF Bay area and having to give up my permit. Since then I bought a Kimber Pro Carry II.

When I move someplace in the next couple of years where I can carry again, we'll see...

Less rounds than any of the others, but the Kahr is hard to beat size wise for compact, light, small, big punch!

·
Registered
148 Posts
My SR9c feels the best to me, but my Glock 17/4 points and shoots the best for me. Since the question was about carry, it's my SR9c. Just bought a SR40c so it should be about the same. Haven't got it yet though.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm sorry that I picked up that Single Seven birdshead in.327 Federal Magnum that I was not prepared to buy.

Now I can't get it out of my head.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Which one of your carry pistols (or one yet to purchase) feels the best in your hand? When you grab the pistol to holster it, you just know this is the one for you.

For me, it is my box stock Colt Defender in 45 ACP. It still has the Hogue grips which for me, makes a huge difference. The grip, weight, and balance suit me perfectly.

How about you?
That is a great question!

The specific answer to the question is a Boberg/Bond Arms Bullpup I have actually organized a timed test of a few experienced gun handlers and the guns have won by a significant margin with all but two of the participants when timed on draw, target acquisition, and short-range shot placement.

My wife carries a Boberg. I carry a Springfield Armory XDs. despite the fact I am faster with the Boberg/Bond Arms Bullpup. Why? It is the caliber. I cannot bring myself to carry a 9MM.

101 - 120 of 155 Posts