Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
I was a Pirate fan when I was a kid back in the 50s and 60s. My brother was a Yankee fan. The 1960 World Series ... Bill Mazeroski's home run in the bottom of the 9th at Forbes Field to win the Series ... I followed the Pirates for many years after that.

I had breakfast with Barry Bonds in San Diego ... sat right across the table from him ... and Bobby Bonilla too. But that's another story.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I am a fan of the Boston Red Sox. No other team I really like all that much, maybe the Pirates.

Hate: Yankees, Cardinals, and Rays. Hate the Rays with a passion that surpasses the Yankees.
the Rays? that's an odd one I think their Manager Madden is from PA....Why do you hate that team if you don't mind me asking, their one of those teams that for me are hard to hate?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I'm a Rangers fan, my cousin Bobby I grew up with played for them in the '70's & '80's & manages their AAA team now. He & Nolan Ryan were roommates when they both played for the Angels in the '70's. When they played against the O's in '76 Nolan would come out after the games & hang out with us for as long as we wanted to stay & BS. It always impressed me that here was one of the greatest pitchers of all time hanging out & cutting up just like one of the guys.

My other fav is the O's, not much to cheer about for 20 years until last year

Hate the Yankees & Red Sox...what can I say I root for the O's it's an American League East thing lol

·
Sr. Exec. Button Monkey
625 Posts
I love the Yankees. Not all the time, but a lot of the time. :)
Ergo, I hate the rest of the AL East, especially the BoSox and the Tampa Bay (Devil)Rays.
Why did Tampa Bay change the name anyway?

·
Registered
128 Posts
AL: I still root for the Twins, even though it seems hopeless. Mom's side of the family is all from Minnesota, so it was ingrained in me early.

NL: I've been a Rockies fan since '93, even though at times it seems hopeless also, especially the last couple years. I'll tell ya what though, back when we won the pennant in '07, that was a heck of a thing to see. LoDo (the neighborhood around Coors Field) was absolute madness, mostly peaceful, but still madness.

I strongly dislike the Red Sox - for obvious reasons.

·
Administrator
23,652 Posts
Fan of the Red Sox and dislike the "evil empire". The Rays I actually respect as they built a tough team with an old school coach without nearly the base that the yankees or sox have. The Orioles are in the same boat as the Rays.

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
The San Francisco Giants are my team and I only really dislike the Dodgers.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the Rays? that's an odd one I think their Manager Madden is from PA....Why do you hate that team if you don't mind me asking, their one of those teams that for me are hard to hate?
Well, I don't like Florida teams, they're rivals, and I can't stand their Red Sox mocking attitude. Other than that I don't have any other reason.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.