Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already want to get another Ruger. My problem is deciding on which one. In your opinion, what do you think the best P series is? I only have one Ruger, so I'm not to familiar with the other models listed on their web site. I would be interested to learn if one model has any design advantages over the other. I also heard that some models are hard to conceal. Any input would be great. Thanks, Frank.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
We all have our favortes, mine is the P89DC. I like the P95 almost as well. The GF keeps it with her.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Good Lord, this might get moved to the minefield!
Just kiddin.
Opinions will definately differ. My choice is the KP90/decocker. A proven design in a proven caliber. Ultra reliable and accuracy that could scare most 1911's. Stainless to help out with body sweat problems. Decocker so it's always ready to go. Choices are available in wood or synthetic as far as grips are concerned. More controlable/less recoil than a 40 cal. More punch than a 9mm.
Did i say reliable/accurate?---to the max. A gun and a design that i have faith in to defend others and myself.
Did i say reliable and accurate? Oops! that phrase just keeps coming up when a p90 is mentioned.
Hard to conceal?--nope, dress accordingly with a good holster with about any gun and you can ccw.
The 45 is a very easy round to reload for as well.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I have both a P89DC and P90DC, and I love em both, but the P90 is the most accurate .45 I have ever owned, wheras the P89's accuracy is so-so at best. Therefore, I vote for the P90DC (in stainless, naturally.)

·
Registered
43 Posts
My vote goes for the p95 and p345 respectively. Although if "I" had to make a choice between the two, I'd have to go for the 345. I just love the way it fits my hand and how well it shoots.:D

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Guess you can tell from my username is what my favorite is. I have carried one every day since I got my CCW a couple of years ago.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
P90---that name keeps coming up when reliability is the topic...P89 the same in 9----think old grey hair instead of young whippersnappers who're listening to the lawyers too much...and to the customers too little...we need guns that keep on working and work every time...not the latest dings and whizzles that they've come up with...with the possible exception of the stippling and rail on the P95, I think they're moving backwards in combat pistols...dropping the P97s made not a whit of sense...and the P345 is not better in any way....at least S&W does listen to what the public wants instead of taking a "This is what you get" stance...ie, the Bisley Vaquero...I don't know, but I don't believe lagging sales caused them to drop that or the P97----don't make a lot of sense to me...:(

·
Registered
576 Posts
I agree with gunman...I like them all...P89s, P90s and also the P94s for their slimmer grip, but I think the .45ACP is a more accurate round than the 9mm, so I vote for the P90. All of them are reliable and well built.

·
Registered
401 Posts
P89 is my choice...couple thousand rounds all type ammo. and no jams

·
Registered
336 Posts
P97DC is my all-time favorite pistol of any kind followed closely by the P95DC. Last on my list is the politically correct P345.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well, like others here, my favorite is my P97 decocker. However, they are no longer made so my next choice would be the P95 decocker only model. Totally different caliber but I really like those two polymers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts