Ruger Forum banner

81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Here ya go Tacky, you need one these backed into Farm Equipment Store......I had some package cars but I can’t find them......
CF1AFBCC-FA4F-42B2-A4F7-CD0B7609A80A.jpeg
E7A26B9E-A0E1-4087-8288-5D5BEBD1A125.jpeg

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I found it.......even the back end is dragging, which was normal for me.
7A58DA03-95F8-4092-8C7E-113961F25506.jpeg

·
"The Real Deal"
6,296 Posts
Hey got one of the delivery trucks, carrying a pkg to my old man on southern avenue.Check out his eldorado.

·
Dr. Frankenruger
11,744 Posts
So here's another off-topic question but maybe Mark knows - what does UPS do with their old trucks? You never see an old UPS truck being used as a food truck or by some other tradesman like you see old Grumman body trucks, panel vans, etc. Do they have some company policy that mandates the old tired trucks get scrapped?

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
So here's another off-topic question but maybe Mark knows - what does UPS do with their old trucks? You never see an old UPS truck being used as a food truck or by some other tradesman like you see old Grumman body trucks, panel vans, etc. Do they have some company policy that mandates the old tired trucks get scrapped?
I think they just keep rebuilding and repairing them until the point of no return, then off to the scrap yard and recycled. So they must just drive them into the ground.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
I have nothing to load, the gym closed so I’m in my easy chair............I’ve been catching up on Long Range Pursuit, next is Extreme Outer Limits.

It looks like this could be the norm for awhile.......maybe we should start recommending shows/movies on Netflix or Amazon to one another to help each other get through this.....
Just to get back on topic a little bit.

I have been watching all the old Star Trek series in-between other movies. Sure beats what's on regular air channels during the day if the weather isn't very good outside.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,296 Posts
that is a good question. They do wear those things out as much as they stop and go.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
So here's another off-topic question but maybe Mark knows - what does UPS do with their old trucks?
Wave, UPS now uses a different manufacturer, who I don’t know, but the one pictured is basically a Mercedes front end. The package car I drove daily was a ‘77 and it had over 350,000 miles on it when it was less than 20 years old. Package cars are PMI’d once a month and painted once a year. The oldest one I drove when mine was down for service was a ‘69.........The body never changed, they’d just keep throwing in new motors, trannies, axels, front end parts, whatever was needed.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,296 Posts
Wave, UPS now uses a different manufacturer, who I don’t know, but the one pictured is basically a Mercedes front end. The package car I drove daily was a ‘77 and it had over 350,000 miles on it when it was less than 20 years old. Package cars are PMI’d once a month and painted once a year. The oldest one I drove when mine was down for service was a ‘69.........The body never changed, they’d just keep throwing in new motors, trannies, axels, front end parts, whatever was needed.
Starts to remind me of some of the fire engines i have been assigned to.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,296 Posts
So let me see what to add today from the layout. Well. here is my garage complete with a lady a little girl waiting on an oil change why the owner keeps things on track. Behind the wrecker you can see a stack of old tires once removed from customers vehicles and on the far right a air pump station for filling tires you see now days.The owner is apparently tinkering with his chevelle when he is not busy.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
The owner is apparently tinkering with his chevelle when he is not busy.
What year is the Chevy.......the tail lights in the bumper look like single square lights, (70)..........it's kind a hard to see though.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
Starts to remind me of some of the fire engines i have been assigned to.
You'll see the really old ones come out for parades around here in the Summer in the smaller cities and towns. They collect and restore those too.

"Normally" the smaller towns (all Volunteer), Fire Departments host the parade with all their equipment in the lead and the ajoining smaller towns will send a unit to represent their town.

Just about all the fire equipment in our County has been updated with new equipment. We are mostly Mutual Aid when it comes to anything big and can call in extra help for manpower and water when needed.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,296 Posts
What year is the Chevy.......the tail lights in the bumper look like single square lights, (70)..........it's kind a hard to see though.
I believe its a 69 or 70, have 2 of them will look later. One of my favorite muscle cars, would love to have 67 square body chevelle 396. have a friend with a real one. black on black all original. i have a 62 impala covertible and a few others on my layout.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,296 Posts
You'll see the really old ones come out for parades around here in the Summer in the smaller cities and towns. They collect and restore those too.

"Normally" the smaller towns (all Volunteer), Fire Departments host the parade with all their equipment in the lead and the ajoining smaller towns will send a unit to represent their town.

Just about all the fire equipment in our County has been updated with new equipment. We are mostly Mutual Aid when it comes to anything big and can call in extra help for manpower and water when needed.
Yes we have an original 1933 engine at work, original motor and trans they use for parades. My old volunteer fire department i spent 20 years with has a 1965 gmc pumper they no longer use it but its driveable, first one they bought.

The rig i drive is a 2002 with almost 100k miles. The 100ft tower is a 99 with 120k, the 75 quint i was assigned to is an 07 with 99k on it. They bought a new quint 75 in 2014, They have a new engine and tower ordered now to replace the old ones, almost 2 million worth the aerial was 1.5 million alone. Build time was almost a year.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,296 Posts
Yes we have an original 1933 engine at work, original motor and trans they use for parades. My old volunteer fire department i spent 20 years with has a 1965 gmc pumper they no longer use it but its driveable, first one they bought.

The rig i drive is a 2002 with almost 100k miles. The 100ft tower is a 99 with 120k, the 75 quint i was assigned to is an 07 with 99k on it. They bought a new quint 75 in 2014, They have a new engine and tower ordered now to replace the old ones, almost 2 million worth the aerial was 1.5 million alone. Build time was almost a year.
This is close to what our new one will look like, color scheme and all, with a matching engine.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
This is close to what our new one will look like, color scheme and all, with a matching engine. View attachment 143064
It took close to a year for our newest pumper (couple years old now) 8 months for the engine/pumper before that, still in service. We don't have any aerial engines in our Dept. A tanker, ambulance and a loaded F-550 brush fighter. Boat and a Gator/brush fighter.

Nice engine.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,296 Posts
It took close to a year for our newest pumper (couple years old now) 8 months for the engine/pumper before that, still in service. We don't have any aerial engines in our Dept. A tanker, ambulance and a loaded F-550 brush fighter. Boat and a Gator/brush fighter.

Nice engine.
Cool, we have 3 engines (2)75ft quints that run as engines 1 tower platform. a truck company. a squad. 5 boats biggest is a 25 boston whaler guardian with fire pump, Also have an 18 wheeler for technical rescue as part of USAR. So we have a decent amount of equipment.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,296 Posts
It is a square tailight. 4 headlight.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,296 Posts
Todays picture is my apartments with the playground in the back, the kids seem to be enjoying it.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,296 Posts
Here is my case international1660 axial flow combine in an already picked field. Still see these locally parked just like this.

81 - 100 of 108 Posts