Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you know these famous Oklahomans?

1. An Air Force brat, I was born in Roswell, New Mexico, but my father's family was from near Corn, Oklahoma, and I spent many summers on my grandparents' farm there as a child. I hit the top of the charts in 1974 with a song about my first wife, Annie. Who am I?

2. A Tulsa native, I am now 89 years old, but I still host the most listened to news program on radio. Who am I?

3. Born in Oklahoma City, I published only one novel in my lifetime, but its critical importance and success ensures that I will never be an "Invisible Man". Who am I?

4. I graduated from Konawa High School in 1942 before serving meritoriously in World War II. In the late 1960s, I began writing a series of bestselling and critically acclaimed mystery novels about the Navajo Tribal Police. Who am I?

5. Born in California, my family moved to Henryetta, Oklahoma when I was 12. I went on to date Lorrie Morgan, and I am now co owner of a successful NASCAR ownership team, as well as Fox Sports top color commentator for NFL broadcasts. Who am I?

6. A native of Okmulgee, I had a #1 country hit in 1985 about people ogling a girl's butt. Who am I?

7. A Yukon native, I graduated from Oklahoma State University, then went on to become the second best selling solo artist of all time, behind only Elvis. Who am I?

8. I was the first female U.S. ambassador to the U.N., and was foreign policy advisor to President Reagan. Who am I?

9. Born in North Dakota, I lived near Choctaw, Oklahoma in the 1930s while I was getting my writing career going. My first novel was published in 1953, and in 1984 I was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom for my life's work. Who am I?

10.I was born in Shawnee, though my family moved to Missouri when I was a small child. Today I am married to a Billy Bob Thornton's ex wife, and my newest film is "Ocean's Thirteen". Who am I?

11. I had a few country hits in the 1980s, including the top ten smash "Saving My Love for You", but I am best known for being the brother of a former rodeo cowgirl and red haired country music diva. Who am I?

12. I hail from Wynnewood, and I led the coalition forces to a quick victory in the conventional phase of the Iraq War in 2003. Who am I?

13. I am one of the most successful songwriters of all time, having penned hits like "Highwayman", "By the Time I Get to Phoenix", "Wichita Lineman" and "If You See Me Gettin' Smaller". Who am I?

14. I starred as a neat freak in a popular 70s TV series, married a woman nearly 5 decades younger than me later in life, and was one of David Letterman's most frequent guests. Who am I?

15. A native of Tahlequah, I was a defensive assistant coach on three Dallas Cowboys' Super Bowl teams in the 1990s, won a national championship at the University of Miami, and just a few months ago I was named head football coach at the University of North Carolina. Who am I?

16. An Oklahoman by choice, not birth, I was one of the most successful left handed pitchers in Major League history, and the award given to the best left handed pitcher of the year is named after me today. Who am I?

17. I am an actress who starred in the movies "The Pink Panther" (2006) and "Bewitched" (2005), have won a Tony for my Broadway work, and appeared in 27 episodes of "The West Wing". Who am I?

18. A native of Ada, Oklahoma, I played football for the University of Miami, and today I am one of the most outspoken and outrageous players in the NFL as a tight end for the New York Giants. Who am I?

19. I'm a blues/rock/pop/soul man from Tulsa. I've written songs for artists like Eric Clapton, and Waylon Jennings called me "the best I ever heard" in one of his songs. Who am I?

20. Raised in Erick, Oklahoma, I won five Grammy awards in one year, and scored a successful broadway show, and was known for my off beat sense of humor as a country music artist. Who am I?

·
Registered
346 Posts
1. John Denver

The rest, some I think I know but it won't come to me, the others I have no idea.

Joe

·
Registered
131 Posts
#2 Paul Harvey
#7 Garth Brooks
#9 Louis L'amour
#10 Brad Pitt
#13 Kris Kristoffersen
#14 Tony Randall
#16 Cy Young

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's a complete list of the answers:

1. John Denver
2. Paul Harvey
3. Ralph W. Ellison
4. Tony Hillerman
5. Troy Aikman
6. Mel McDaniel
7. Garth Brooks
8. Jeane Kirkpatrick
9. Louis D. L'amour
10.Brad Pitt (at least I think he's married to A. Jolie, B.B.T.'s ex)
11.Pake McEntire
12.Tommy Franks
13.Jimmy Webb
14.Tony Randall
15.Butch Davis
16.Warren Spahn
17.Kristen Chenowith
18.Jeremy Shockey
19.J.J. Cale
20.Roger Miller.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts