Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
The two PDF manuals I am looking at show different frames in the parts diagrams. The manual for the safety model shows a frame with a finger hook style trigger guard and no accessory rail. The manual for the decocker shows a round front trigger guard and an accessory rail. The frame is shaped differently where the slide stop enters the frame on the forward edge of the slot. The diagram shows a different shape to inside of the frame where the front inner grip wall meets the horizontal frame structure.

Looking at the pictures on the manuals, the camera lens adjustment was different. One was wide angle and the other zoomed in. The slide release arm looks wider on the safety model.

Part numbers listed would be the same for the range of the models. But Ruger already said they use the serial number along with the part number to match the exact correct part to match the firearm, because they changed the individual parts over the life of the model. This is why the don't even show the non-ambidexterous decocker lever or the blanking plug for the right hand side, for the early model P89s. You give them the serial number and they can track it down.

So you can't treat the manuals and parts diagrams like a historic document. This isn't like the old printed car parts catalogs from the car dealer parts department, with the five variations across the years the car was sold and little notes with from and to production dates or VIN (number).

Chances are that anyone selling used parts for a P95 is not even going to be aware of the two different part numbers.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In a few days I will get parts kit (bought it) to convert 95 to 95DC, I will compare slide safeties.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts