Ruger Forum banner

141 - 160 of 187 Posts

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
The only Really small gun that I own is this NAA Guardian 380 which is a slightly larger copy of the Seecamp. I would have bought the Seecamp but they only specified it to work with certain brands of ammo, and it uses a European type mag release. The NAA shoots any ammo that I've fed to it and it has been 100% reliable.
How's the recoil on that Guardian?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Keltec P3AT .380 auto

Me
too! I live in Florida in shorts and a shirt. It fits easily into the pocket of my Columbia shorts.I have yet to have someone say , oh you carry a 380? Well go ahead and shoot me! No one wants to leak! And by the way I shoot it off and on and it always goes bang and has never jamed

·
Banned
195 Posts
Most definitely! Pico is about as mousey as it gets...
Love to shoot the Pico, could say it is the gun I love to shoot the most. Just a marvel in engineering and quality. IMO ounce for ounce one of the finest guns made.

Just ordered my third one. (Even though the other two run like sewing machine and the energy Bunny in the fact that they just keep devouring ammo and they just can't seem to understand that a small gun this size is suppose to last through so much ammo)

Normally this would not be my color, but for some reason I like it on the Pico especially with the grey receiver. Besides I have other grips as well that I can put on. Look at that Stainless steel magazine with the metal follower. Should give you a good indication of what quality is throughout the gun.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Just a marvel in engineering and quality. IMO ounce for ounce one of the finest guns made.
agreed....it works exceedingly well for me, plus soft shooting and accurate. But alas I only have two.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I travel a lot and spend time in and out of hotels. I have found that the ease of a LCP is very nice. I have carried it more than my Shield.

·
Registered
11 Posts
For Me It's The LCRX 327 Fed Mag In A IWB, Shirt Out Over It Nobody Has Said A Word Potent Little Sucker And a Hard Hitter !

·
Registered
73 Posts
My EDC is a Kel-Tec P11. It's light as a feather, which means that 9mms would almost rip the slide off it except it's got a spring that's stiffer than a ... um ... a really stiff thing. It has about a 12-pound pull that feels like it's an inch of travel grating and grinding through a bed of gravel. Worst trigger I've ever pulled and the recoil is punishing on your knuckles when the trigger-guard smashes them.

I hate the darned gun. But I'm like others, it's warm here in Texas and light clothing prevails. The nine isn't exactly a mouse gun, but my second-favorite Carry is a .32 S&W revolver. Tiny. Made to shoot at card-table distances, so not accurate. But a mouse doesn't stand a chance at point blank.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ditto on living in Florida with light clothing. I carry a Springfield 911 .380 OWB in a leather holster and no printing wearing a 'T' shirt. I use Hornady now but there are so many choices that make the .380 just as viable as the 9mm.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
It seems recently that fewer and fewer members post photos. These threads would be much more interesting with pictures.;):confused:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Ditto on living in Florida with light clothing. I carry a Springfield 911 .380 OWB in a leather holster and no printing wearing a 'T' shirt. I use Hornady now but there are so many choices that make the .380 just as viable as the 9mm.
I carry a LCP because even the LC9 seems too big for everyday carry to me. That said, I have no expectations that the .380 will consistently expand and penetrate in the short barrel. The " Shooting The Bull " series of videos shows that achieving both in a short barreled .380 is dicey at best.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
I've had my LCP II for a month now, with 500 rounds through it. I still consider my Glock 26 my EDC, but I'm carrying the Ruger more than I had expected.

·
Forlorn Hope
612 Posts
It seems recently that fewer and fewer members post photos. These threads would be much more interesting with pictures.;):confused:
I carry either my LC9s Pro or my LCP if that is too big for the occasion (i.e. Summer), both in pocket holsters.

·
Registered
165 Posts
LCP is my edc.
I use to carry a LCP for edc, but I always figured I should practice with my edc at least once a week. The LCP is a fine gun but it is hard for me to shoot. It kicks too much and actually hurts to shoot it. I now carry an EC9s in 9mm. I reload 9mm and can load down to a lighter range load. This way I can still carry a small pocket gun and it doesn’t bother me to shoot it at the range. Just my take on the idea, YMMV

·
Registered
98 Posts
here's the mouse gun rotation that entails my "carry pieces".. One or the other is always with me...
Sig P938
Sig P238
Keltec P32
Beretta 21A .22LR
Ruger LCP II .22LR
Would love to get a Seecamp or NAA Guardian in .32 acp, but they are pricey, and really are not needed.... bob

141 - 160 of 187 Posts