Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a phone call from Bill Clinton, but I hung up on him! Darn it, I should have waited to hear what he had to say. If he calls back, I'm going to thank him for his Buddy's politics & the state of our Union. ;)

·
Banned
2,189 Posts
On my personal phone, if I don't recognize the number, I let it go to voicemail. If it's my business phone, I must answer it.

Thankfully Georgia isn't a battleground state, so I get very few political calls. If I do it is a local politician's recording, then I hang up. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
If it is important enough, the person will come and see you.

I love caller ID.

TK

·
Banned
29,619 Posts
About ten years ago I received a call from a pro gun controll group and after listening patiently and politely, I informed the caller I was an NRA life member and Ihope that person changed their mind and that the grouip should remove me fom their list. The caller said thank you and said I was not like her stereotype of an NRA member maybe I did some good. I never hang up on automated callers I wait untilt hey are on and then holler at eh person for being so rude as to robo call id I can make the person from the collector etc miserable maybe they will get another job.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've hung up on every rethug robocall, but truly enjoy speaking to "real" people, so much so they hang-up on me. I smile for the rest of the day.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I've hung up on every rethug robocall, but truly enjoy speaking to "real" people, so much so they hang-up on me. I smile for the rest of the day.
+1 Since I can't get "Rachael" from cardholder services to stop calling - I punch 1 to talk to a rep (hitting 2 to be removed doesn't work). Most of them can tell that I am putting them on when after that ask me if I owe more than $XXX amount on any credit cards - I hem and haw and ask them to hold on while I check with my wife and then I come back with a high dollar amount and then they ask if my interest is more than such & such - I again ask my wife who is not sure, but she will look - usually by this time they hang up on me.

·
Super Moderator
22,048 Posts
Rachael is illegal according to the FCC and is a scam. Tough to get rid of her as they just hang up on you when you press 1 and start screaming at them. Then they call 4 times the next day. The latest one I am getting is a recording saying the FBI is reporting break in's in your area blab,blab. I hang up the are all scams. You think the FBI cares about someone breaking into your home.

If there is a pause I hang up.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
I hang up if they're calling from a overseas call center. I'll ask for an American call center and if they give me a hard time hang up. Now political calls get hung up on, especially yobama calls.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
I don't give out my number. If its required for something I give them a number that I haven't had for 20 years.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Don't answer any calls at supper time or after 8pm unless it's one of the kids. I have one of the talking phones that gives out the name or number.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Overseas callers.
All the time..... :D
And I don't answer blocked numbers.
I was hung up on this great girl at school though..... :D

·
Registered
7,608 Posts
Rachael is illegal according to the FCC and is a scam. Tough to get rid of her as they just hang up on you when you press 1 and start screaming at them. Then they call 4 times the next day. The latest one I am getting is a recording saying the FBI is reporting break in's in your area blab,blab. I hang up the are all scams. You think the FBI cares about someone breaking into your home.

If there is a pause I hang up.
I've been getting calls from these same scumbags. I've pressed 3 to stop these calls many times. The other day they called and I pushed 1 or whatever it was to talk to a real live idiot. He asked if I was interested in the lower interest rate, I said no I want you to stop calling me when he hung up on me. Allot of good that National No Call List does.

A few weeks ago I had a guy call from some Extended Warranty place in NY. I don't even have the truck anymore. When I asked him to stop calling he cussed me out. I gave it back to him. When I said I was reporting it he hung up. Real fility mouthed.I tried to call that number back to report him and it said unavailable. Oh it gets better. Later that night the same number shows up. I had to answer it. Turns out the guy that called first didn't do what he was supposed to do and laid my file on the supervisors desk. The supervisor called me and I told him what had happened. He apologized for calling me a second time and for the way I was treated. I didn't remember the name but had it on the TV when this scumbag called. The supervisor was pretty upset and was going to findout who had called me. Hopefully he's looking for a new line of work. They are real brave when they know you don't know who they are or where they're at.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I dont answer any calls thats not from my wife.

if it's important they will leave a voice mail if it's not important I prob dont want to talk about it anyways.

I average 23 talk minutes a month on my bill :)

I wish Verizon had a 30 minute plan for $3.99 a month.

·
Registered
144 Posts
As soon as I hear that extended pause before someone picks up I hang up. Not interested in talking to telemarketers no matter what they are selling/peddling..

I just had a phone call from Bill Clinton, but I hung up on him! Darn it, I should have waited to hear what he had to say. If he calls back, I'm going to thank him for his Buddy's politics & the state of our Union. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I received a call from Jordan of Microsoft services. He claimed I was having trouble with my computer - Everything seems fine on my end.

·
Reloading Addict
10,714 Posts
[Who Have You Hung Up On{QUOTE]
Let's see, Bill Clinton, a lot of political phone calls lately, Buckmasters, and too many more to remember. But NEVER my wife.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
If it's a real person, I use the bit I have on my answering machine for difficult idiots. It says:
"Hello . . . . . . . . . . . . . hello? . . . . . . . . . . . . OH! HI! Let's see, I want a double cheese, Sausage and pepperoni, and . . . . . . let's see . . . . . what was it . . . . . . . there is something else . . . . . . . . . OH YEA! Anchovies!"

THEN I hang up. ;)

The alternate one is "Hello?" . . . . (wait for them to go into their speal) . . . "OH! HOLD ON!" I then put it down and walk away until I hear the wail of the off-hook recording from the phone company. . . . . They seldom call back. :rolleyes:

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I received a call from Jordan of Microsoft services. He claimed I was having trouble with my computer - Everything seems fine on my end.
I think Jordan was having a little "lend" of you and trying to relieve you of some of your hard earned money. :eek:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I clicked off Mr.Clinton earlier today as well.

If you're a Norwegian King and you need me to put all of my money in the provided account so you can do whatever and in return you'll give me one million USD then you should expect me to hang up the phone.

I also keep getting this annoying one on my phone advertising a cruise. Shows how little they know their customer base. I'm too busy buying firearms and ammo to afford a cruise.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts