Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cant beat the price. lots of lanes. i shoot there at least once or twice a year.
maybe we shot next to each other and never knew it?

·
Registered
590 Posts
I used to use that range, 20 yrs ago I joined the benton gun club. Mayflower range was not friendly towards "position" shooting. Why?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
laying on cement floors?

benton isnt skeet friendly.

why?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Problem was "off hand" roof too low, "sitting" would drive J.E.(range officer) nuts. He could hear you but not see you from his windows. He also did not like the time it took to set up a chrono.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
they let me shoot positions on the far point. but you are right. those blasted deflectors are too low. you cant even shoot 50yd standing on the pistol line!
btw, the whole place was revamped. then the tornado tore it down. then they rebuilt again. they doubled the points both pistol and rifle.
and jerry, the old grump, retires next month!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so why did benton abandon the skeet field? i know they got that funky weird sorta skeet/trap thing. sad waste. P and VP never gave me an answer.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
then the long silence set in....and the mystery of bentons skeet range once again goes into the abis.:(

not one person, and i know a few from benton...and not one of them will broach the topic! that is down right weird!:confused:

any help would be appreciated if you can find out for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts