Ruger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Banned
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
6,925 Posts
The woman said, "I put the magazine in my gun. I cocked it". What would she have done if the guy was a rapist? Asked him to wait a minute so she could get her gun ready?

She was lucky. I didn't see any photo of Elsie Pea, either.

· Retired Moderator & Jazz Nerd
16,360 Posts
Having to take the extra time necessary to insert the magazine and chamber a round could have been a real problem if the perp's intention had been robbery, rape, etc. in lieu of trying to act like the fool that he obviously was. Given that his target was female, I doubt that the authorities even thought about charging her with brandishing.

· Administrator
23,659 Posts
What ever condition they call it with a mag out should just be called condition wrong. To me the thing is just a paper weight if there isn't one in the chamber. It said she thinks she recognized who it was from the sex offender registry. Get him off the street and in jail where he belongs. As to branishing, he is lucky she didn't ventilate him or the dog rip him a new one.

· Registered
12,990 Posts
What ever condition they call it with a mag out should just be called condition wrong. To me the thing is just a paper weight if there isn't one in the chamber. It said she thinks she recognized who it was from the sex offender registry. Get him off the street and in jail where he belongs. As to branishing, he is lucky she didn't ventilate him or the dog rip him a new one.
+1

· Banned
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

· Registered
1,949 Posts
The fact that a child was present should get him a long time away and a life time on the sex offenders data base. She protected her Child good for her, hopefully she learns from this and goes cocked and locked from now on. We don't know what all the child recalls but the fact he was present is good enough for fido to get a snausage treat. If not for the child being there she should've neutered the scum bag balistically.

· Registered
342 Posts
Yeah, Good Luck With That

She's lucky that she didn't actually use it, too.
If she had shot the perv, it would be pretty hard to justify the use of deadly force on an an-armed person, especially when there was no indication (in the posted linked article) that he was actually assaulting her, nor even in her personal space.

As Florida has made exceedingly clear this year, it is a hard sell to shoot an unarmed suspect to death, even if they are on top of you beating you, even if you can claim "I was afraid for my life." Nothing in the report indicated imminent fear of life.

Good thing the scare was enough and worked out for her.​

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.