Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to buy one of the new target mini-14's and walked out with a brand spankin new Colt 6920 AR15 ! The rifle is gods gift to the 223 ! Oh my god, I forgot what it was like to hold a true unfired Colt in my hands and we won't even talk about the accuracy this gun is capable of ! I hate to say I may be selling my two mini-14's and my mini-30 to buy a couple more colts or AR pistols. Damn, AR's ! I knew I never should of picked it up !

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Now, now, the mini 14 may not be long from this world... I see the mini dieing unless they pass another gun ban that excludes the mini......

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Welcome to my world! I just got rid of the last Mini I will ever own. Now have two ARs and constantly looking for ways to buy another one. I love em. Just placed an order for a free float tube for my heavy barreled Bushmaster. The bad thing about BRD is that these dern things are a tinkerer's dream.
I know you guys are probably sick of my AR pictures by now, but I just never get tired of posting them!

And here is why I love em so much more than any Mini ever built!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
who knows?

Maybe ruger will do an ar-15
and a 1911
and a striker fired pistol
and an airweight revolver

SORRY GUYS, IT MUST BE THE MEDICATION!!![xx(]

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gunman hows the heavy barreled bushy shoot ? I have been poundering one or the DPMS version of it ? I am almost certain I will be buying a couple more one in the heavy barrel and one in the longer stainless long range version, hell I've even been thinking about a 308 version too ! Damn, BRD. I should be getting the rifle back tommorrow and will post some pics of it for you guys ! I hate to say bad things about a Ruger rifle, but I don't think no matter how much money I throw at the Mini's they will ever come as close in accuracy and reliability to the AR's.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
quote:Originally posted by HB-DLX

Gunman hows the heavy barreled bushy shoot ?
You see that target at the bottom? That is 4 shots at 100 yards in one hole. I can't say it will do that everytime, cause I aint that good, but it just amazes the heck out of me when it does do something like that. Anyway, the barrel is a DPMS barrel, the lower and uppers are Bushmaster. It will shoot inch or less at 100 yards with almost anything you feed it. The different bullet weights do not seem to affect it that bad either, with a POI change usually less than an inch or two when changing bullet weights. Heck my other gun is a Double Star lower and a Del-Ton upper with open sights, and it will out shot the 580 series Mini I had when using a scope!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn it ! Gunman your just making it easier and easier to go buy another ! You seem to know these guns a little better than I, so what do you think of the AR Pistols ? I have also been pondering a couple of those ? If the SHTF I would now carry my Glocks and sling an AR Pistol and Grab the Colt, then I would have mags for the pistol and the rifle ! So, just wondering about them and the dealer has one he will sell me for $750 out the door ? Its a carbon 15 dual rail and its never been fired and even has the warranty card and box still ! I thought this was a good price ? What do you think ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts