Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well in my daily work, I scout along the way when I get off the beaten path to do my locates. But I just got to target practice for the real thing too.

Some try to just practice at 20 and 30 yards with their bows... but for that possible close encounter shot, I also practice with my 20 yard sight pin. Here is two pictures #1 is my groups at 3 yards, and then #2 is at 6 yards

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Count me in...

Last Sunday my neighbor and I went to his 40 acre property, after he discovered a "renegade" tree stand about 55 feet up a tree, on his side of a fence line... looking down across the fence into a medow, right where the deer trail is. To early for law abiding hunters, no permission granted... Probably poachers...

It took about 20 rounds of .264 from his and 20 rounds of .270 from my M77R to do the chains and strap, and bring it down...

Nothing like a good "Tree Stand Hunt"...

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I'd hide one of those digital game trail cameras and put it to work and turn the pics over to the warden. They work just as well to photograph trespassers/criminal activity as well as deer.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
LOL,that brings back memories of when I did that to stands on private land that didnt have permission.I used a 12 gauge though.deputy,just a thought they would likely steal the cameras.[8D]

·
Registered
576 Posts
LAND MINE SIGNS! That would slow them down a bit. Even if you just posted small signs that stated that there were "fresh" land mines just "planted". Then dig a few holes around to make it look good and then watch them sweat when they return for their evil doings...Maybe those freshly dug holes would get them thinking...just maybe...they did "plant" something here...

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
once I helped a freind tip one over the hunter had fallen asleep. He didn't break anything but he also never came back either. Still brings a smile to my face when I think of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts