Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in my local shop today. I was looking for a nice used SP101, but they didn't even have any new ones in stock. I saw the SR9 in the case. I've looked at them online, read range reports, even ooogled them in the case at the store and shows. But I'd never held one. So I asked to hold it.............big mistake. Think I'll be going back tomorrow to buy it. :D.

I was really planning on an SP101 being my next Ruger. Looks like I'll have another Ruger autoloader soon. ;)

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
The SR9 is a very nice gun. I handled one and if I wasn't dead set on buying a .45 I'd have owned it. I don't think you'll be sorry if you do buy it. I also don't think anyone here is going to talk you out of it. :)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I got rid of my P89 and PC9 last year in the name of caliber consolidation. Went to all .45's in Semi's. I was gonna try to wait for an SR45, but now I think I'm going to be packin a 9 again soon.

Hell, even my wife didn't try to talk me out of it. Told her I was going back tomorrow and maybe buy it (or trade that .32NAA toward it maybe) and she said, "go ahead, it can be your birthday present".

:D

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Burfday present?????? All I get 'round here on my burfday is a reminder about my life ins....

·
Registered
42 Posts
You should do it. I absolutely love mine. I am taking her back to the range today, just because it's so much fun! Ruger stands behind their product and the SR9 is a kick a** product.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually didn't make it back to the shop today. I've got a friend from Carolinashootersforum.com offering to sell me an SP101 now. That was my original intent for my next Ruger. I'm going to see what he's got to offer and then decide where to go from here.

·
Super Moderator
21,398 Posts
I actually didn't make it back to the shop today. I've got a friend from Carolinashootersforum.com offering to sell me an SP101 now. That was my original intent for my next Ruger. I'm going to see what he's got to offer and then decide where to go from here.
You can't go wrong with either. I have an SP101 and it is a great little revolver and my primary CCW. My next purchase will be a SR9.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts