Ruger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Double P90 Shooter
19,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's an explanation.​
At last weeks gun show I got there early.First table the guy had a Ruger Standard looked at it, it had been rode hard very little finish on it,scratches,looked like someones truck gun.Price on it with one mag $169.00.The dealer even guaranteed it to work. It was early in the show so I walked on.I came back a second time and checked the serial number and it was from 1981. Walked off and it finally got to me so I went back to get it...Guess what....Gone...:eek:
Forward to this weeks show a guy had a very nice used blued 22/45 with 2 mags, no box, like I said very nice shape for...$200.00. Again it was early so I wanted to look some more. So I made the decision to go get it and you guessed it....Gone...:(
I really must learn ,to use a phrase, pull the trigger on deals like this.
So tell me did I miss out on some good deals or will I find others like this?​

· Registered
2,606 Posts
The Ruger Standard didn't sound like much of a deal.

The 22/45 I would've been very tempted to snag.

With patience there are good deals to be had....

My last purchase was this MKI with one mag and walnut target grips (same vintage as the standard you looked at).
Finish was about worn off on the grip frame and it needed a pivot pin for the rear sight.
Ended up setting me back all of $138.00 after sales tax.

· Double P90 Shooter
19,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to mention the Standard had the tapered 4" barrel if that makes a difference...

· Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
Got to follow that gut feeling, earlier..... ;)

· Registered
5,007 Posts
Lots of Standards out there, so you'll have other chances. By the way, that year would have made it a Mark II, so a bit more desirable, but you'll see plenty of others. Also, you can replace any part of a Mark II, so, regardless of shape or condition, it can be restored, easily, to full shooting condition, though the odds of finding that doesn't shoot are pretty slim. They are the Sherman tanks of the 22 autoloaders.

· Double P90 Shooter
19,858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Maybe this is a sign of fate as something better might be coming your way...:confused:

They say all things happen for a reason...

Let us know if there's any truth behind that :D
I can only hope...:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.