Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you really thinking of it we only need a hunting rifle and a hunting shot gun. And most of them can double as a house shot gun, a good side arm and we are in business. Yet I keep buying as I am sure ya'll are too. Just put a Tanfoglio T95 combat in 45 acp on layaway. Has the grip like a sig220 and hold 10 and one in the tube. it will be a nice truck gun for sure.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
When asked by someone how many guns I own, I usually say "more than I need, but not as many as I want!" "Need" has nothing to do with it really. We could all probably get by just fine with a good 12 ga shotgun. I just bought a AR a month or so ago, and am already schemeing how to get another one! But, that is what I enjoy. Some people spend boatloads of money on cars, some on women, some on golf. I spend mine on guns and ammo. It is just who I am.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KP97DC, I have four right now and have another one on lay away wait I have 2 on layaway. gunman your right its what we do its what we are. I may slow down but I think I will always buy.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Kind of like asking the wife why does she need so many pairs of shoes?[:eek:)]
the "all-around" concept.
Yes a 30-06 will do it all for a rifle
a 12 ga pump would do it all for a bird gun.
A 4" 357 for a revolver for defense and hunting
And so on.
But what you really wind up with is a "jack of all trades" but "king of nothing".
We all justify needing that 2nd or 3rd weapon to cover a specific nitch sooner or later just because we hate to compromise.
Plus it is an addiction!!:D[8][^]

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was once told that when California was going to pass some of their latest gun laws, people started buyiong guns anything they could get their hands on. And I have to admit I don't like anyone telling me I can only have so many bull roar I am going to have as many as I can and want.

·
Registered
714 Posts
As had been mentioned previously here, it isnt so much a 'need' as it is a 'want'. I 'want' to satisfy my craven desire for manifest beauty formed in wood and steel. I 'want' to gleefully gloat over that fine piece of weaponry that draws my eye ever onward....

Ok you get my drift.

Oh I like to spend my hard earned cash on my equine pals too. So Im not a total glonk![:eek:)]

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
What can i say?, i have a browning appetite on an h&R budget!

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am there with ya deputy, its just something we do.

·
Premium Member
2,902 Posts
quote:Originally posted by KP97DC

Whats really bad is I already have two .45 auto's and bought another. Now thats bad. [V]
What's wrong with that? I have 4 .45 ACPs and just won the bid on one from an on-line auction. If you like semi-autos, you just can't have too many .45s!:D (or 40s or 9mms)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
ive wondered this about myself , somedays i haveto tell my self shaner you really really dont need that gun but its such a good price and the battel insdie my head goes on, then i feel is there something mentally wrong bein a gun lover???? if i had a choice between buyin a new gun or alot of other needed things in life the gun would win out , ????? hhhmmmmmm maybe thats why we all congegate on web sites with other gun nuts???? strength in numbers?????[:I][:I]:D

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I have a gun to fill every possible perceived need...and someday I may have the free time and money to actually get to use 'em more often.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I just ordered a new but inexpensive Remington 870 Express, I needed a shotgun and realized I didn't have enough knowledge to wisely buy what I really wanted at this point (a Winchester Model 12). I'm going to spend some time reading up on the Model 12 so down the road I can make an informed purchase at some point, but meanwhile I have a shotgun that will work great and be fun also.

BUT, I think it's time for me to slow down on gun buying and start spending money on ammo. Doesn't do me any good if I don't have ammo for any of my guns! And it's sure expensive.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I don't reload. Yet. But, like tying my own fly fishing flies, I am pretty sure eventually that's where I'm headed.

But I think if I could load my own .38 specials, I would shoot my GP a lot more.

A while back on this forum, someone gave a link to a company that makes reloading stuff, and their site had some nice videos showing how the reloaders worked. Any idea what company/site that was??

·
too great for words
661 Posts
one of the guys at work came up to me one time and said "so I hear you collect guns." thats when I came up with my signiture.

1 - 20 of 201 Posts