Ruger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Exchequer
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It has happened to me yet again.

There I was, just minding my own business and looking around on GB. Suddenly, and with very little warning, I became the owner of a NIB Ruger Mini 14!

Okay, I actually had a ton of warning; started bidding three days ago. But I fully expected that someone would come in during the last 15 minutes of the auction and outbid me. Guess I was wrong.

I'm likely going to be on the forum asking for some insights from those of you who have experience owning and shooting this rifle. I'm not overly eager to modify it ....but the folding stock does seem attractive if for no other reason than it's just really cool looking.

Perhaps the best part of it is that my wife was fully aware of me having bid on the Mini and actually encouraged me to go for it!

This photo is from GB.
Air gun Wood Trigger Table Machine gun

·
Premium Member
3,306 Posts
Nice!
Real nice...congratulations.

Reactions: hlg

·
Premium Member
1,474 Posts
It has happened to me yet again.

There I was, just minding my own business and looking around on GB. Suddenly, and with very little warning, I became the owner of a NIB Ruger Mini 14!
You say this as if it was a bad thing! :D Darn nice looking rifle!

·
Super Moderator
4,837 Posts
Got to love those happy accidents.

Be careful, it sounds like your wife has her own intentions with regards to the rifle.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I wish my wife would encourage me to buy new guns. I have to do a big song and dance to get her permission if I get more than two per year.

·
Exchequer
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got to love those happy accidents.

Be careful, it sounds like your wife has her own intentions with regards to the rifle.
Indeed. But my bride has about as much interest in firearms as I do in shoes. And she just bought herself a new pair of Frye boots the other day. Besides, if her intention were to do away with me, she'd had done it by now. o_O

Great job on the new rifle. Happiness is a wife that says "You deserve a new gun!".
Yeah. She's a good egg. 'Though her willingness to marry me does make me wonder about her.

I wish my wife would encourage me to buy new guns. I have to do a big song and dance to get her permission if I get more than two per year.
Part of my job as a husband is to protect my wife from the dangers of the world. Having a firearm allows me to do just that. So, the more guns I have the better I am able to protect her. (Try that argument. It just might work.) ;)

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Hig did you say your wife even encouraged the purchase? Oh, no! Did you smell her breath? So discouraging when they fall off the wagon. At least now you know what to buy her just as the bidding time runs down. Sounds like you are set to buy some guns, brother. LOL

·
Registered
170 Posts
Indeed. But my bride has about as much interest in firearms as I do in shoes. And she just bought herself a new pair of Frye boots the other day. Besides, if her intention were to do away with me, she'd had done it by now. o_O

Yeah. She's a good egg. 'Though her willingness to marry me does make me wonder about her.

Part of my job as a husband is to protect my wife from the dangers of the world. Having a firearm allows me to do just that. So, the more guns I have the better I am able to protect her. (Try that argument. It just might work.) ;)
Said argument (bolded) is accurate.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts