Ruger Forum banner

Why I like my new staple gun

3K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  Nacho Man 
#1 · (Edited)
Why I really like my Taurus Curve cal. 380

- has been 100% reliable and I shoot it a lot
- it is very comfortable to carry
- I never have to take off the trigger guard (which attaches with a cord to my belt loop) when taking the gun on/off my person
- the trigger guard comes off the gun when drawing the gun (cord affixed to the trigger guard is affixed to belt loop)
- the gun is light and has a laser and light embedded in frame
- ugly is the new pretty ;)

See less See more
#4 ·
I like the stainless better ;)

#6 ·
They remind me of an Instamatic 110 camera.

#7 ·
I certainly hope it is functional because other than that it is downright fugly.
Guess I'm just a traditional kind of old fashioned guy.

#8 ·
I've been looking at these, if for nothing else than a gun I can clip to the inside of running pants/shorts and use as a "companion" for the remote areas I sometimes run in, or the sometimes populated areas with "questionable" people in the area. Revolvers are bulky, even ultralights, for running attire, and carrying "big" like a .357 or .44 is difficult if not impossible, except maybe something like and LCR .357 for last ditch large animal defense.

If people see a square shaped "lump" on my waistband, it will just blend in with the smart phone I'm already carrying and most people wouldn't think anything of it, it will just look like some kind of electronic device......don't want a "revolver shaped" bulge, since I don't want to alarm the non-gun type people and have the police called for a "man running around with a gun" type thing.

I like the concept, I can sweat all over it, bang it up, and it's not like it's expensive. .380 has enough punch to at least be a "shoot and scoot" gun.

I bought my LCP for this purpose, but gave the gun to my Mom. These Curves are in the same price range as the Kel-Tecs that also have a clip. I don't want to have to use an IWB holster for a jogging gun.

#13 ·
Can't let this end on a "Taurus doesn't get it yet" theme..

Like many on this forum I have several firearms (# doesn't matter) ... from several manufacturers (21 different manufacturers to be exact)

Many were just acquired in the last few years (thanks Obummer for the incentive to purchase!)

Of course, I've had an occasional problem with a Taurus, but I've also had a few problems with other guns in the same price range

of course, my more expensive firearms have been mostly trouble free... But not entirely

I believe Taurus is "over the hump" on quality issues... IMHO

#14 ·
I own a Taurus and have been pretty happy with it.
Got nothing against them...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.