Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. Just joined this forum hoping to gain some knowledge. I'm changing up my 10/22 to tactical style. Been looking for a bull barrel for it and keep coming up with "Out of Stock" every where I look. I've checked Tactical Innovations, Midway USA, Green Mountain and all are OUT OF STOCK. Anyone know why? Is this mod that popular that they can't keep them in stock? Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks for helping a newb.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Hey there. Just joined this forum hoping to gain some knowledge. I'm changing up my 10/22 to tactical style. Been looking for a bull barrel for it and keep coming up with "Out of Stock" every where I look. I've checked Tactical Innovations, Midway USA, Green Mountain and all are OUT OF STOCK. Anyone know why? Is this mod that popular that they can't keep them in stock? Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks for helping a newb.
Look at JG Sales. I just bought an Elysium Stainless Fluted (Clerke) Bull Barrel from them. http://www.jgsales.com/gun-parts-c-388_1001_1002.html

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
They are one most accessorized firearms and the barrel is one of the most commonly changed components. Try looking at sites other than the most widely known. Probably find stock and some prices just as good, if not better.

ShootersDiscount is one I like.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm looking for a specific barrel. Blued, 16.5" x .920, fluted, threaded 1/2X28. I've found a few but, all are on "back order".

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I'd try Ebay as well, also the classifieds here.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the suggestions. I checked them all. No one has the barrel I'm looking for. All list it but, "Out of Stock". I'll keep looking. I've signed up for all the places that offer it to be notified when they are back in stock. Here's hoping.....

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Have you thought of getting a blank then have a good local smith cut crown and fit it? Cost a alittle more maybe, might find it easier to get it fit and threaded exactly how you want. I've not done this but just a thought. I know blanks are easy to cut a chamber for and crowning kits are not to bad, I've seen articals on doing it yourself. Its not like your threading it to screw in the reciever, it could a lot of fun.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Try Rimfire Sports and Custom....I got my Green Mountain 18 inch fluted bull barrel and other goodies from them....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts