Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though I clutch my blanket and growl when the alarm rings...thank you, Lord, that I can hear. There are many who are deaf.
Even though I keep my eyes closed against the morning light as long as possible...thank you, Lord, that I can see. Many are blind.
Even though I huddle in my bed and put off rising...thank you, Lord, that I have the strength to rise. There are many who are bedridden.
Even though the first hour of my day is hectic, my favorite pair of jeans are dirty, and my wife complains about her hair not combing right...thank you, Lord, for my family. There are many who are lonely.
Even though our breakfast table never looks like the picture in magazines and the menu is at times unbalanced...thank you, Lord, for the food we have. There are many who are hungry.
Even though the routine of my job often is monotonous...thank you, Lord, for the opportunity to work. There are many who have no job.
Even though I grumble and bemoan my fate from day to day and wish my circumstances were not so modest...thank you, Lord, for life.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Like a fellow I once knew said when asked if he was having a good day, "Anyday above ground is a good day!"

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
quote:Originally posted by KP97DC

Any time you think you are not well Blessed, just visit a Nursing Home or Hospital. We have sooooo much to be thankful for.
I have worked in both and can attest to the truthfullness of that statement.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quote:Originally posted by gunman42782

Like a fellow I once knew said when asked if he was having a good day, "Anyday above ground is a good day!"
Guess I really never thought of that way...good point! My answer to that question is usually: "Well, I can still sit up and eat solid food."

·
Registered
557 Posts
Years ago I was in the VA for my 6th operation in less than a year. Things weren't going well and I was sick, tired and depressed because there didn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel or even a possible end to the tunnel. As I was laying in bed looking out the door feeling sorry for myself, I heard somebody whistling as they came down the hall. That kind of pissed me off that somebody could be "happy" while I was in such bad shape. I kept looking out the door and this guy in a wheelchair came by looked in and said "isn't this a great day"? All I could do was mumble "yup" and look away. He was missing both arms and one leg,and was pushing his chair with his only limb. WOW, talk about a lesson in humility. He changed my attitude and outlook on life. I saw him off and on over the next 8 years as I was in and out for more surgery. I had a lot of time to talk to him and enjoyed his enthusiam about life. I thanked him several times for what he did for me that day.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quote:Originally posted by 2400

Years ago I was in the VA for my 6th operation in less than a year. Things weren't going well and I was sick, tired and depressed because there didn't seem to be any light at the end of the tunnel or even a possible end to the tunnel. As I was laying in bed looking out the door feeling sorry for myself, I heard somebody whistling as they came down the hall. That kind of pissed me off that somebody could be "happy" while I was in such bad shape. I kept looking out the door and this guy in a wheelchair came by looked in and said "isn't this a great day"? All I could do was mumble "yup" and look away. He was missing both arms and one leg,and was pushing his chair with his only limb. WOW, talk about a lesson in humility. He changed my attitude and outlook on life. I saw him off and on over the next 8 years as I was in and out for more surgery. I had a lot of time to talk to him and enjoyed his enthusiam about life. I thanked him several times for what he did for me that day.
What a great story. I see that a lot in people. The ones who seem to have the least to be thankful for are the ones with the best attitude on life. I wish I were that way. Seems I'm always bitching about something and in fact I have much to be thankful for. Thanks for sharing.
Tom

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
We have it good-and hope for better-and some have it bad-and no hope-that's why our boys and girls are in Iraq-everyone deserves a chance at freedom-thanks to all our vets who've gone through Hell to keep what we have here....Thanks for the reminder, Rman..

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

We have it good-and hope for better-and some have it bad-and no hope-that's why our boys and girls are in Iraq-everyone deserves a chance at freedom-thanks to all our vets who've gone through Hell to keep what we have here
+1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts