Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
i just watched the first one, pretty good job giving the reasons why you purchased it. for what it's worth, i've never heard of a smith & wesson lock engaging with recoil no matter how large the caliber. heard all kinds of rumors but nothing documented.

anyway, enjoyed the vid, thanks for posting it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i just watched the first one, pretty good job giving the reasons why you purchased it. for what it's worth, i've never heard of a smith & wesson lock engaging with recoil no matter how large the caliber. heard all kinds of rumors but nothing documented.

anyway the vid, thanks for posting it.
Morning greencobra

You can't say that anymore as now you have-- I had my first S&W (post lock) J frame deploy the lock far enough to jam the gun up when shooting high power .357 loads (it actually did it 2 times until I removed the lock flag)

First time was a real pain as I didn't have the key with me, luckily another shooter at the range had his key but it still took a long time for me to link up with that person.

Second time I had the key with me, there was no 3rd time as the lock was removed.

I have a fair number of S&W lock guns but that J frame was the only one I had an issue with, but, I usually just remove the lock flag as part of my new gun prep now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts