Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to town, today, and picked up these items. Soon to have some decent ammo for my Blackhawk 45 Colt!

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
Good luck with those dies!

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am about to do the same thing and these will be my first since I got my Blackhawk. I love reloading and 45 cal anything is new to me. I'm probably as excited as you are this morning. The rounds I built before I had a 45 cal gun were not right. After the 45 Colt I'll reset and load a box of 454 Casull too.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Loaded up 100 rds of Starline brass. Have plenty of powder and primers on hand. Dipped into my supply of 29+ lbs. of 302 gr. plain base boolits. Will try the 306 gr. gas checks soon.

Anyhow, new Starline brass, new cci 300 primers, Alliant 2400 powder at 17.5 grains.
Absolutely no problem with the dies, or the Lee shell holder (only one I could find in town).

I like this load, and was surprised at the first shot being somewhat hotter than I expected.

Primer was flat(ish)... I know the primer condition is not indicative of chamber pressure, but I've see them a lot flatter in my super Blackhawk.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts