Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Well I bought her this Sunday, after I bought my "new to me" P345PR. On Monday I ordered 2 X HKS Speed Loaders, Wolff Spring Kit and a Meprolight Tru-Dot front sight. On Wednesday I fixed the vacuum cleaner, hoping the Midway order would have shown up that day instead... Thursday the box arrived, and I tested both speed loaders, and installed the 9 pound hammer spring, using the "fork" technique, and the 8 poung trigger return spring. Sweet DA and SA. Now if it just goes bang at the range 100% the guts are good to go. Tonight, Friday, I installed the Tru-Dot sight. A nice white dot in lighted areas, and a green LED type light in the dark. It didn't take as long as I had planned, so some camera work was in order... :D

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Good looking guns. I know you already know this, but test fire that gun extensively with the new springs in it. I have had kind of bad luck with wolff springs in my DA Rugers. I usually have to use their heaviest spring to get reliable ignition.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I think you should trade your wife the 345 for her SP101-that little puppy just wiggles its way into your heart...hmmmm...

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We have an agreement that since I have the CCW and she doesn't I may have times when I will carry the SP101... And naturaly;) I have to practice with it, functional check it, clean it...hehehe... Heck, you'd think it was mine!;)

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
RNettles
Not trying to rain on your parade, but I predict that in the near future you will be purchasing
one more SP for your own. I doubt that your wife will let you get away with "hers".lol

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Ask any divorce lawyer...signed agreements are only binding on the husband:(

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
RNettles, I use the HKS on the GP and Security Six, Like them much better than the other brands or strip loaders. Just looking at a catalog to order me a couple for the SP. Good pics there, very nicely done and a sweet package too.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Is there such a thing as pistol or gun envy?
Those are right nice!

·
Registered
589 Posts
The wood inserts turned out very nice. Interesting that they seem a little thick and the ferrules are set rather deep.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Carried the SP-101 2 1/4" for awhile with C/T Laser sight on it. That was a great package for CC. I still got the sights and Galco holster for when I get another one. I gave mine up in a trade for the wife could get her Colt that she wanted. I shot snubnose for more than forty years all makes and that Ruger is about as good as it gets.

Best,Baldy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts