Ruger Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there such a thing as a WiFi dish for getting a better signal? Our home in Ephrata is across the street from a school and they have a guest signal but its not strong enough to pick up.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Depending on how close "across the street" is, an indoor with higher gain like the one in this vid might do:
That looks pretty much on the money.
A yagi directional antenna.
If it's just across the street, chances are you probably wouldn't need an additional booster.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Made one of these for a friend of mine who was down on his luck and had to tap into a free signal in his neighborhood. Seemed to work pretty good. Got him by until he could pay for internet again.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Made one of these for a friend of mine who was down on his luck and had to tap into a free signal in his neighborhood. Seemed to work pretty good. Got him by until he could pay for internet again.
I just need it for when I'm in Ephrata which is only part time so I don't want to pay a lot for a little use.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
303lithgow said:
I just need it for when I'm in Ephrata which is only part time so I don't want to pay a lot for a little use.
Well, you . . . could . . . try paying for what you use.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Google "wi-fi cantenna" These are directional antennas for long distances. You can get them pre made or there are many DIY tutorials to make your own very cheaply.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.