Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there such a thing as a WiFi dish for getting a better signal? Our home in Ephrata is across the street from a school and they have a guest signal but its not strong enough to pick up.

·
Registered
407 Posts
they make some accessories like outdoor antennae and boosters but it may really depend on how strong the school signal is. haven't used any so check reviews before buying

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Depending on how close "across the street" is, an indoor with higher gain like the one in this vid might do:
That looks pretty much on the money.
A yagi directional antenna.
If it's just across the street, chances are you probably wouldn't need an additional booster.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Made one of these for a friend of mine who was down on his luck and had to tap into a free signal in his neighborhood. Seemed to work pretty good. Got him by until he could pay for internet again.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Made one of these for a friend of mine who was down on his luck and had to tap into a free signal in his neighborhood. Seemed to work pretty good. Got him by until he could pay for internet again.
I just need it for when I'm in Ephrata which is only part time so I don't want to pay a lot for a little use.

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
303lithgow said:
I just need it for when I'm in Ephrata which is only part time so I don't want to pay a lot for a little use.
Well, you . . . could . . . try paying for what you use.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Google "wi-fi cantenna" These are directional antennas for long distances. You can get them pre made or there are many DIY tutorials to make your own very cheaply.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Google "wi-fi cantenna" These are directional antennas for long distances. You can get them pre made or there are many DIY tutorials to make your own very cheaply.
Thanks, will do, and I have a few sporks myself.:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts