Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
What is the difference between the Wiley Clapp 1752 and the Talo 1753? They look the same to me.

·
Premium Member
Support Veterans
2,627 Posts
Welcome and greetings from Ohio. Love the 3" Gp100's. That's one of my dream Ruger's and that one looks beautiful. Love those Ruger revolvers!
*When you clean, test and put some ammo down range. Take some time and give us a report with your findings after getting to know the revolver.
Seriously a good choice for sure...
Enjoy, be safe and have a great day!
Rick

·
Registered
118 Posts
One of my favorite revolvers. Shot it during an IDPA season not too long ago. Did well.

On my short list is another GP- possibly a 10mm

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Nice, really like it.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Finally got one after pining after it for years. Just excited to share!

I have one just like it, has a smooth action very accurate & love the Novak front and rear sights especially the front brass bead. You made a great choice good luck !!!:thumbsup:

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,843 Posts
What is the difference between the Wiley Clapp 1752 and the Talo 1753? They look the same to me.
Pine_Worker the 1752 is matte stainless with a fiber optic front sight. The 1753 (subject of this thread) is matte blued steel with a brass bead front sight. Otherwise the two models are the same.

·
Ruger Tinkerer
11,843 Posts
Good looking gun.
Other than the grips are there any other upgrades vs the stock GP100?
The stock GP100 for comparison would be the model 1715 - 3" stainless with fixed sights. Compared to that gun the Wiley Clapp has:

The grip which you've noted.

There's the matte finish - looks like media blasted, maybe aluminium oxide but not glass beads. Ruger calls it "Hawkeye Matte".

The edges are softened and the cylinder tapered.

Novak dovetail front and rear fixed sights.

That's pretty much it as far as I know. The action is stock - no shims like the MC.

·
Premium Member
13,950 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Illinois.

Great looking revolver you have there!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts