Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to my FFL guy today and will be picking up my stainless SA10 on saturday, i was going to get it tonight 12/7/12 but had things to do. got it from centerfireguns.com and paid $453.00 for it.thay seem like a good bunch to do business with, gun was here in 4 day's and the girl that i talked to from there is a ruger nut also what could be better. have had a lot of single six's go thrue my hads in the 25 years i have been shooting rugers and am a traditional six gun guy but i wanted to think outside the box with this gun for a change. hope all go;s well with the fit and finish and every thing cycles ok the way it should, got my fingers crossed ''LOL''. :D

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Enjoy your new ST. I got mine this past summer and I really like it. Good looking, feels good in the hand and is more accurate than I am.

Don't try and use Remington Golden Bullets in it as they cause issues due to rims not being uniform in size and shape.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank's WvDave, must have to do with the caseings being so close together, i think i will try some winchester superX copper's in it to see what it will do.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Thank's WvDave, must have to do with the caseings being so close together, i think i will try some winchester superX copper's in it to see what it will do.
No, actually the rims on some of the Golden Bullets have too much curvature causing the back of the bullet to sit high in the cylinder and bind against the back of the frame. Several of us have had the same issue. When you are loading the revolver, you can feel it bind when trying to advance to the next hole. Some were so bad that it totally bound up the cylinder and required taking the cylinder out to clear.

I generally just use Federal Bulk or CCI. The ST likes just about anything except GB's.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank's WvDave, I never used any of the Golden Bullets before did not know thay sat that high. thanks for the info.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts