Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am considering 10/22 "Light Varmint Target" rifle wirh .720 diameter barrel (not bull barrel) located at ____ Ruger 10/22 Light Varmint 22LR SS, Varmint Barrel - Impact Guns _____. Apparently this gun is sold as a "dealer exclusive" to various dealers throughout the US.

Want to get Fajen adjustable legacy stock (for bull barrel). Know these stocks will fit the standard bull barrel but am needing to know if I will have any problems with this rifle/barrel with the stock considering the reduced size.

What are people's experiences/opinions about this rifle. Have not heard about it until I started searching for Target 10/22 on Google.

All help is appreciated as the price is good (target trigger, extended mag release and birch stock) at $330, defititely beats the $450 I see on Gunbroker for Target models.

Rifle is to be used for target only at 50 yds.

Thanks again, Wizzzard

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
I have had the LVT model 1235 for a year now. It has been a FANTASTIC rifle. It is extremely accurate, beautiful to look at, and rugged in function. The rifle is exceptionally well balanced, and a real joy to shoot.

I have received the best accuracy out of the CCI Mini-Mags, Winchester "Dynapoints", and Remington "Golden Bullet" (New and improved)

I don't know about a different stock-Kind of partial to the one it came with.

Check out the attached link!

http://www.gunblast.com/Acusport1022s.htm

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I have had the LVT model 1235 for a year now. It has been a FANTASTIC rifle. It is extremely accurate, beautiful to look at, and rugged in function. The rifle is exceptionally well balanced, and a real joy to shoot.

I have received the best accuracy out of the CCI Mini-Mags, Winchester "Dynapoints", and Remington "Golden Bullet" (New and improved)

I don't know about a different stock-Kind of partial to the one it came with.

Check out the attached link!

New Ruger 10/22 Light Varmint/Target Rifles from AcuSport
I have the Fajen synthetic stock and like it a lot...

As for the adjustable one...it is no longer available...has been for over a year...you will have to find a used one...

Bell and Carlson makes an adjustable one...costs is high...

I got my fixed Fajen from optics planet shipped for $80

Results for fajen 1022 - Sorted by Best Match, on Page 1 (20) Items - Optics Planet

You will have no problems with your barrel...these bull barrel stocks are free floated and the factory tapered barrels just have more clearance...you will probably buy a bull barrel later anyway...I would recommend getting a stock made for a bull barrel...

Also...based on your comments...I would look at the boyds stocks...

I got the Fajen specifically due to the fact it has the most heel drop of any of them...which is ideal for off hand shooting...and the cheek rest was removable...I wound up making a custom cheek rest with leather cover for mine but didn't know where I would end up when I bought it so the fact that I could take off the butt extension for short lop and remove the cheek rest for low mounted iron sights did the deal for me...

Pistol grip is nice... thumbhole is better...

Pay attention to the cheek rest height and plan for what size scope or what height/style iron sights you might be using...

Archangel deluxe target stock is another nice option for you to consider...specifically made flat on the bottom of the fore end for better rest on sand bags and also has an adjustable tension support for tuning accuracy or free floated bull or factory barrel as you like...it's ambidextrous...somewhat adjustable lop...the cheek saddle is such that you can use it for high mounted iron sights or build it up for high scope...this is what I would have gotten if the Fajen didn't exist...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts