Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an SR22P on layaway so I don't have it yet and was wondering if the baby uplula would load the mags for it. It works on my Sig Mosquito mags.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
The SR22P mags have a very nice thumb button on the side which makes it easier than using any loader. Enjoy that little gun it is fun to shoot. One piece of advice, if you decide to change the grip. A lot of people write about how hard it is to remove the first time. Grip it with your thumb at the top rear and your finger under the trigger guard and squeeze in while pulling down it will slide off slowly. It gets easier after the first time. There are tabs and holes on the inside of the grip and frame at the top and bottom and if you just grab the whole grip it tightens them.
One other note, you should get a discount coupon from Ruger with the gun 20% up to $100 think about using it to buy mags from the Ruger shop. They are hard to find and run around $40 to $.45

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Seabee, I'll remember that.
As far as changing the grips, do you mean just between the two that come with it, or are there after-market grips for it?

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Thanks Seabee, I'll remember that.
As far as changing the grips, do you mean just between the two that come with it, or are there after-market grips for it?
Just the two that come with it. I tried the small grip at first and found that I liked the gun better when I changed to the larger size.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I don't know if the baby uplula will work on the SR-22.
I know it will not work on the Ruger 22/45 mags.
I purchased one last Saturday & it would not work for my 22/45 Mags. It did work for my S&W Model 41 Target pistol. I took it back & got my $32.00 back.

Tactical Solutions makes an excellent Ruger .22 Mark I,II,III & 22/45 mag. loader for $19.95. Very easy to use & not plastic.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Maglula shows a new loader for the SR22P available Jan 2013. Bottom of the page

V & X - LULA
Thanks Weblance. I don't know how easy it is to hold the spring down on the magazine of the SR22P but some others are very hard on the thumb.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just the two that come with it. I tried the small grip at first and found that I liked the gun better when I changed to the larger size.
I'd probably like the small grip as I don't have a big hand and I had to change the medium grip down to the small grip on my SigPro 2022.

·
Registered
449 Posts
No need for a mag loader on the SR22. They are a dream to load without. Save your money.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Thanks Weblance. I don't know how easy it is to hold the spring down on the magazine of the SR22P but some others are very hard on the thumb.
Its not as bad as some, but after about 500 rounds, Im sick of pushing those little follower buttons down. I wish McFadden would come out with an Ultimate ClipLoader for the SR22P like they have for the Mark Series. That would be sweet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts