Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like Sig has thrown their hat in the ring for the new military weapon. I’m impressed.

Reactions: American

·
Registered
9,718 Posts
Sounds noteworthy, but using hybrid ammo seems odd. So, if a multi national effort is taking place, will we expect others to follow suit for the interchangeability ...

Reactions: Mark204

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
6.8x51 sounds potent.

Reactions: Mark204

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
6.8x51 sounds potent.
It does, is it my imagination Kenny, but that suppressor looks a little hot at 3:15 or so in the vid.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
I'm not for isolationism but, we need to stand on our own a bit more. If this round would replace both 5.56x45 and 7.62x51 it could be a logistics boon.

Reactions: Phish and American

·
Registered
653 Posts
That looks awesome. Hopefully it will be issued to units by the time the next Sequestration is emplaced by Biden.

·
"The Real Deal"
8,045 Posts
Love the 6.8spc i have the round is a .277 just like the 270 win just lighter. So 6.8x51, a 6.8 thats as long as a 308 win, interesting. Think the 6.5x51 would have made a better choice due to ballistics the .264 bullet has, but that would basically be a 6.5 creed or 260 rem.

Im just pissed cause i know i cant buy one. freaking nfa rules.

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im just pissed cause i know i cant buy one. freaking nfa rules.
Maybe you can talk Sig into placing a MFG date of April 30,1986 on it...........

Reactions: Tacky

·
"The Real Deal"
8,045 Posts
Maybe you can talk Sig into placing a MFG date of April 30,1986 on it...........
I aint got that kinda pull, but i can dream i guess. Id settle for an m60 or m134 with a truckload of ammo for them......like semi truck that is.

Reactions: rmichael63

·
Registered
9,718 Posts
I aint got that kinda pull, but i can dream i guess. Id settle for an m60 or m134 with a truckload of ammo for them......like semi truck that is.
👍🚚🚚🚚🚛🚛🚛

·
Administrator
22,163 Posts
Sounds like the idea caliber for a squad level auto. I know Sig did purchase additional property in NH and sounds like this may be one of the reasons to grow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts