Ruger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 22/45 LITE Mk. III.

I had the stock sights hi viz Painted & set pretty well.

I then changed the sights to Williams Fire Sights #70957, the Rear sight will Not adjust low enough to get the sights adjusted properly.

I am still way off target.

Does anyone else have Fire Sights #70957 on a 22/45 LITE

It looks like i need to use a lower Williams Front Sight

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well i guess i found my own answer.

I need to buy a new 22/45 bull barrel to put these Williams Fire sights on since they do NOT fit my 22/45 LITE.

NICE!! I been looking at another 22/45 the
P512MKIIIRP 10140 Alloy Steel Blued Checkered Cocobolo 5.50" 9.50" 33.00 oz.

I wanted to get a S.S. 22/45 but they no have, new

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought the exact ones from Brownells. 70957. Got it installed in less than 10 minutes and backed out the elevation screw as much as it would until the sight stopped at its highest position. I figured that it would be accurate to assume itd be shooting really low given the height difference between the new and old FS. I took it to the range and first five shots were level with the bull. I tightened the screw just a tad to be sure it wasnt just hanging.

Before I brought it to the range I thought id have to grind the rear sight(right where the flat bottom edge meets the rounded top portion toward the front of the sight) install a larger spring under the sight, to be able to accommodate the higher front sight but at full extension it shoots great for me at 50ft using both minimags and federal blue box. Im very stoked with the sights. After a bunch of model/fluorescent/bright paint attempts i gave these a try and theyve made me happy. So much better than the black stockies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.