Ruger Forum banner

Winchester 61

7K views 38 replies 17 participants last post by  Danwin22 
#1 ·
Here is a quck picture of my latest and greatest Winchester 61.

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks great 303.

#4 ·
Nice looking rifle there, 303! :D. Congrats!

#6 ·
Grandma's are cool, ain't they! Mine taught me to shoot on her old Remington model 1 that's sitting in my closet along side her Sears, Roebuck 12ga! :D

I was only 4 yrs old but still remember it in living color.

It's funny, I always think that memories that old should be in black &white! :D

#9 ·
That's really nice. Reminds me of the old pump 22 my grandfather had and used to shoot at the squirrels in his pecan tree. He loved pecans and hated the squirrels but I'm not sure he ever hit any. I was pretty young but I can remember him looking out the window and seeing a squirrel in the tree, grabbing the gun and barging out with the lead flying! They lived in town too. I bet the neighbors really appreciated it.....

#12 ·
Congrats. I'm an old Winchester lover, myself, with an especially soft spot in my heart for those old rimfires. Grew up with a Winchester 67 and, later, a Winchester 69. Those old Winchester 22s were nothing fancy (with the exception of the 52, of course), but, oh, could they shoot. None of this plastic and synthetic stuff, either.

#26 ·
I have my grandfather's Winchester 69 which I put a lot of rounds through as a boy back in the 1950's. I have several new guns, but none mean as much to me as that old Winchester. I took it to the range awhile back and it is still accurate and reliable.

#22 ·
I stopped at Lake Chelan on my way to Ephrata. I'm working on the house we inherited. So not much of being on the road again.

I want to install a locking metal pistol box inside the camper. Sometimes I can't carry and I need a safe place to lock things up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.