Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Normally use Winchester 9mm. How does CCI Blazer compare. Looking for opinions on ammo. Tks. Great price on CCI Blazer.

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
Normally use Winchester 9mm. How does CCI Blazer compare. Looking for opinions on ammo. Tks. Great price on CCI Blazer.
i've been happy with both, although i've shot more blazer (you're talking the non-reloadable aluminum ones, right?). both have worked just fine for me, though i think i've able generally to get a buck or so better price on blazer where i am.

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
I've shot 500 rounds of the Blazer Brass and 200 of the Winchester through my S&W 9mm M&P without any problems. Both brands have been accurate and clean enough for me. Really can't tell the difference between the two ... except the Blazer Brass was less expensive.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey all, fairly new here but I spend a lot of time on the PAFOA website. Many of us have had issues with Winchester White Box ammo lately. Namely lot
#FG11 which many of us purchased at Wal-mart. The issue is a lack of a flash hole punched in the case. When the primer ignites the charge pushes the primer rearward into the breech. This jams your gun tightly and could cause damage. I personally sent 300rds back to Winchester two weeks ago after my GF's P95 experenced a malfunction due to the ammo. If you want check out PAFOA in the ammo section, I think the thread is up to 9 pages now.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
I have no problems with any 9mm I shoot in any of my 4 9mm's. I just bought 350 rounds of 9mm CCI Blazer, but haven't shot any yet.

My favorite is Sellier and Bellot when I can find it at a good price.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What's the best self defense ammo for the buck for my 9mm Ruger sr9c. I hear others say not to worry about the price, but I want to stock up a bit and we all know how expensive self defense ammo is.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Check out Ballistics101.com;

Win. fmj 362ft/lbs, @ 1190ft/sec
Blazer fmj 323ft/lbs, @ 1145ft/sec

·
Registered
150 Posts
I now shoot WWB for target because the Blazer shot good but was really a lot dirtier and was only about a dollar per hundred less than the WWB.

·
Republican!!!
11,413 Posts
What's the best self defense ammo for the buck for my 9mm Ruger sr9c. I hear others say not to worry about the price, but I want to stock up a bit and we all know how expensive self defense ammo is.
Welcome to the forum from Phoenix! You should post an introductory message in the New Users forum.

Regarding stocking up on SD ammo. Stocking up for me is having enough to fill two or three mags, keeping it at that level and replacing it if it gets to be a year old.

Ammo I stock up on, I try to buy by the 1,000 round cases. SD ammo usually comes in a 20 round box, that costs about the same as a 50 round box of FMJ. While you should periodically check to make sure your gun works well with your particular SD ammo, I don't recommend spending a bunch of money buy hundreds of rounds of SD. It's too expensive. And in a pinch, you can do like the military and use FMJ rounds.

For SD ammo my preference is either Winchester PDX1 or Speer Gold Dot.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've tried all the popular (readily available) 9mm options and haven't had problems with any including the Tulo steel case ammo. My favorite (primarily from a price standpoint) is Federal in the 100 rd. boxes from Walmart. I used about 600 rds of this over the last summer without one hiccup.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
All the "Revolver" Blazer ammo I've ever used was hell to eject. Cases stuck like glue to the chamber side walls and not in just one gun, in every revolver I put them through. Auto's seemed less finicky than the revolver. May be because it's only ejecting one round instead of six? Smithy.

·
Registered
226 Posts
IMO, anything---- & I do mean anything would be better than WWB at this point in time.
I don't know what's happened but lately I've been having 4-5 FTF's in the 100 round boxes, incredible.

·
Registered
396 Posts
IMO, anything---- & I do mean anything would be better than WWB at this point in time.
I don't know what's happened but lately I've been having 4-5 FTF's in the 100 round boxes, incredible.
Winchester is moving from their Alton, IL plant to MS because the union couldn't come to an agreement with management. Might be a good idea to use other ammo until after the move is complete.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow. Thanks for that info. Never new they were moving. They have been in Alton Il for years.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Winchester is moving from their Alton, IL plant to MS because the union couldn't come to an agreement with management. Might be a good idea to use other ammo until after the move is complete.
Is it possible that the union workers in Alton are sabotaging the product? It sounds like something union workers could do, especially if they're losing their jobs. I have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to unions, it's my opinion & I'm entitled to it. Living in metro Detroit gives you a birds eye view of what the UAW "morals" are, it's disappointing to say the least.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have shot Blazer Brass ammo VERY DIRTY! Regardless of me cleaning every time the Blazer ammo just leaves a thick coat of powder behind. The cleanest ammo to date I have fired is the Remington UMC 115g 250 bulk 9mm. I have also seen Blazer Brass dirty up my friend's 1911 after just 20 rounds.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts