Ruger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - My wife and I just got back from a 5 day trip into SC to visit her father and step mother. We then went up to the NW part of NC and stayed a few nights in Mt Airy.

Went to the local Walmart to check out ammo, etc. I noticed a stack of Winchester White Box .40 caliber 180gr JHP sitting right out on the counter. At first I thought someone forgot to lock it up, but there was a price tag by it - $19.97 for 50 rds. I had to hunt for salesperson and upon finding one, she thought it was odd too. She took me to electronics and rang it up.

Good to be back home!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Nice price and again no guns or ammo at walmart in NJ.
NJ nonwithstanding, Walmart is very odd in what they carry store to store I've noticed. The two walmarts in my town carry ammo, but no guns, however all of the walmarts in the surrounding areas carry guns. Always thought it was odd, but I'm sure it has to do with some sort of local demographic.

·
Registered
100 Posts
In CO there was a 'drug' store called Long's. All their ammo was on open shelves. I examined many bullet styles just standing at the shelf. They carried rifles, Colts, Glocks, S&W, Ruger, etc. Heaven. Or... America, as it was.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
NJ nonwithstanding, Walmart is very odd in what they carry store to store I've noticed. The two walmarts in my town carry ammo, but no guns, however all of the walmarts in the surrounding areas carry guns. Always thought it was odd, but I'm sure it has to do with some sort of local demographic.
That's up to the individual store manager.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I found the same deal down here in the deep south, this has to be the best price for any bonded JHP everyone else wants that much or more for 20 rounds. I am thinking of buying up as much as they have :)

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
I bought a few boxes too...except mine came from a LGS! It was priced at $21.00 per box...I just couldn't pass on the price!!!

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I am so confused when it comes to ammo, you have some that call WWB ammo junk because it leaves a little powder in their barrel or the brass cases are a little dirty. Last time i checked it's only target or range ammo your life does not depend on it. So whats all the fuss? I have looked at both Remington and Federal and they all look the same to me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts