Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Saw some at wally world, thinking about giving them a try next time we go shooting...I'd be intrested to hear from someone who has shot them..

·
Registered
549 Posts
$43 and some change.....I did find out that is a bit cheaper to buy 2 boxes of the winchester 555 bulk....abt 2 dollars cheaper

·
Registered
556 Posts
I shot up a box of them last winter and they ran fine in my 10/22 and Beretta Neos. I dont think I had a single FTF or FTE. In fact I was thinking about picking up another box of them next time I buy 22lr's. Had a lot of stove pipes tonight with a red box of Fed's from walmart.

·
Registered
102 Posts
M22s

I've used the M22 in a number of semi-autos with good results. They've cycled OK in P226-22, Walther P22, and GSG 1911-22.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I tried the Winchester 555 bulk...no problems...seemed as good as any of the other bulk ammo...seemed clean to me...not sure about accuracy...was plinking...

Wonder what is different about the M22...besides marketing with new name/look...

·
Registered
556 Posts
I haven't tried the Win 555's yet so cant say for sure. I do want to try the 555 Winchesters though.

I've been getting good deals on the Fed's this summer so I have been sticking with them. We did buy a box of Thunderbolts and I didn't care much for them, they cycled fine but quite a few sounded flat, just didn't seem as consistent as other bulk I've been using.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have some customized 10/22's that these shoot fabulously in. The accuracy has been really good. The only thing that does better in my rifles has been wolf target.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I tried the Winchester 555 bulk...no problems...seemed as good as any of the other bulk ammo...seemed clean to me...not sure about accuracy...was plinking...

Wonder what is different about the M22...besides marketing with new name/look...
Bought a couple boxes of the 555 tonight and the main difference I can see is the 555 ammo is 36gr hollow point and the M-22 is 40gr round nose. There also seemed to be a difference in the lube used for both rounds, with the M-22's feeling a bit slicker.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have used a couple of boxes with perfect results and bought some more!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
I was getting some FTE's with the 555's today. Gonna give the guns a good cleaning and see if it helps, so far the m-22's are near the top of my preferred bulk ammo.

·
Registered
78 Posts
These have been my favorites! Under 100 bucks at Wally for 1600 rounds. IMG_20121001_195741.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts