Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the winter months creeping in and the colder weather & snow likely putting a damper on much good shooting, I'm thinking it's time to get a project I'd set aside a while back brought back up to the surface. E-mail sent off for a barrel. Stock is here - a Hogue overmolded one off a distributor exclusive from a few years back. Have a few spare receivers that I can strip one to silver and re-coat and a bunch of idle trigger assemblies. Figure the barrel finish out and I'll be good. Optics will be easy at that point.
On the edge on ordering up a Kidd receiver and trigger for a stock and Kidd barrel that have been idle for a while. Once that one's done, it should bring it to 20. That will be a stopping point I think.

Anyone else have any 10/22 projects planned for the upcoming winter? :)

· Registered
11 Posts
Winter here (Phoenix) means we get out and shoot. Temps come down UNDER 100 and make touching metal objects tolerable. Ranges are generally huge here. Even with post xmas newb gun owners lining up, there's always space it seems.

Fill up the wagon and wheel a few cases to the pits! ... :D

Sgt Lumpy - n0eq

· Registered
53 Posts
Project 1 Marlin 989 restore
Project 2 Marlin 60 (1972) Restore and one off
Project 3 Ruger - Redo/customize stock, put SS barrel and receiver/polish polish polish
Project 4 Mossin and Mauser clean up
we will see where it all goes from there, but I am in S. Fla and we don't really have winter....

· Registered
2,593 Posts
My winter project will be more shooting. The snow doesn't stick to the ground too long around here and I have plenty of warm clothing.... :)

· Registered
53 Posts
Those 989's are neat! Have a 99, the tube fed variation that's limited to optics having no rear sight. Have my "eyes" keeping an eye out for one. Really like to see your upon completion. :)
Being as this is a Ruger site Keep an eye out on the Marlin forum. I will be posting all the pics there as I get started.
As for a rear sight, the old ones came with a screw on rail, not built in. The 2 holes should be about the same as a ruger rail. check it out..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.