Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not in any partcular order but just some things that made me happy today;

My Wife is a 12 year cancer survivor this week.
My Wife celebrated 41 years clean and sober yesterdsy
I celebrate 35 years clean and sober in less tha 60 days
We have 3 well employed and successful grown children...We have 4 Grandkids that are all busy with the world and their own lives..none live at home, all are employed, all are healthy and none have ever have any issues with the LEO's, with alcohol or drugs and nobody in the family smokes.
We have 2 great grandkds that are being raised as children...not little adults..one is 5 and one is 2 and they are loved and cared for. We have several close friends and any number of "friends"

Our home is paid for..we have a rental in the neighborhood. We are debt free...we owe no apologies that we know of and we resent nobody for any length of time. We are not formal church people but the entire tribe has a touchstone with a higher power..in short we are spiritual people on a human journey.

We live the best place possible...San Diego, USA, Earth.

Lots of other things could be added to this list and some folks might want to chide about some of the selections...but it's how I feel right now.

The Market fell on it's face yesterday...no panic left it alone..it's coming back...Temp is in the hundreds and we are in a severe drought..it's happened before and turned around and will again.

Nice to switch off my "G/A/S" once in a while and say to hell with politics, congested streets, Government interference in our lives..I've lived almost 78 years now and it really takes a lot to really get me going...all things considered I'd not choose to change my life one bit...I hope yours is happy

Now for an Austrailian Chocolate and Peanut Butter Tim Tam a girl brought us from her last trip to end the day with a smile.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,545 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Congrats to you both!!! and your family!!

I am happy today that I have a roof over my head, that I am 6ft above the ground instead of below, I have a Loving wife and children and I can say I am an AMERICAN...

Thanks for the positive thinking!!!!

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Thank you, opos, for the reminder to look at the world with a positive slant.

Congratulations to you, your wife, and your whole family.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Sometimes 'grateful' is a great attitude...as is appreciation! If more would take the time to do both of those, I'm sure there'd be a lot more positive + up-lifting + appreciative individuals on this planet to help make it go around smoother...and make a lot of the crying + whining disipate!

Thank you for posting Oopos...made me sit back and think about all I have to be thankful too! Phenomenal Wife...3 great kids + all very intelligent + doing well in school + all 3 play sports + all 3 enjoy spending time together and work to include each other + share their 'stuff' with others + healthy + etc.!

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Congrats to the entire family...

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
to be able to live with an "attitude of gratitude" is a blessing.
It occurs to me that when I whine and am off center it is because I have strayed from that reality. I have confused my needs and my wants. God has always taken care of my needs, and virtually all my wants. my worst day as a citizen of the greatest country in the history of the world, is better than 99% of all the people who have ever lived. I have no reason to whine.
congrats to both of you. surviving one disease is remarkable, and two is even more so. keep it up, one day at a time.
one word of caution. perhaps you already have experienced this. I once prayed for patience. that was a big mistake. I wanted God to grant it to me. I wanted Him to make me a patient person. what He gave me was every opportunity imaginable to practice patience, so that I could learn to be patient. I think that is when I learned our Higher Power has a great sense of humor.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
to be able to live with an "attitude of gratitude" is a blessing.
It occurs to me that when I whine and am off center it is because I have strayed from that reality. I have confused my needs and my wants. God has always taken care of my needs, and virtually all my wants. my worst day as a citizen of the greatest country in the history of the world, is better than 99% of all the people who have ever lived. I have no reason to whine.
congrats to both of you. surviving one disease is remarkable, and two is even more so. keep it up, one day at a time.
one word of caution. perhaps you already have experienced this. I once prayed for patience. that was a big mistake. I wanted God to grant it to me. I wanted Him to make me a patient person. what He gave me was every opportunity imaginable to practice patience, so that I could learn to be patient. I think that is when I learned our Higher Power has a great sense of humor.
Whenever I've prayed for patience I've been handed something to really test that patience but that's what makes things worth while.

·
Pony Soldier
8,745 Posts
Thanks Opos, keep that positive outlook going, it can be contagious.

Greg

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
Gotcha opos. ... :)

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Whenever I've prayed for patience I've been handed something to really test that patience but that's what makes things worth while.
I totally agree. without the trials that come with life we would not be who we are. how could I ever appreciate the good times with nothing to compare them to? just retired, about five weeks ago. worked fifty one years, some of it two jobs so that my children didn't do without. all five children are useful productive members of society, none with any problems with the legal system. all have a good work ethic, one a science teacher, another a masters degree, an electrician, a supervisor in charge of R&D, and one who owns a small day care. the best part is watching them interact with and guide my beautiful grandchildren. they are better parents than their dad ever was. my success is measured by the lives they lead. how can I not feel gratitude? every minute I sweat, and struggled, and sometimes did without, was worth the effort.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm having a hard time dealing with Kidney failure, but I'm on Dialysis so things are improving. My wife an I have a roof over my head, after Selling my house that I waited all my life to own, but we got a nice condo. We have good friends, a good synagogue to attend, and I get to shoot 2-3 X a month. I recently bought 4 used-New to me guns,, 2 for my wife. I praise. Him every day

·
Super Moderator
16,338 Posts
Opos ... Thanks for the uplifting post and congrats to your family :D. My wife of 42 years and I try to celebrate the positives and blessings the Good Lord has provided each day :).

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
And I would like to add my expression of gratitude. For you Opos for the best post I have read today.
You are blessed, and from what I have read over the past few years from you. You are a good man.
Thank you for sharing your blessings with us.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Congrats to you and family Opos. Too many time we dwell on the trials than what we truly have to be thankful for.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts