Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a pastor's kid, my 14 year old daughter spends a lot of time at church. She has more friends than I can count there, and is involved in many different things; it is sort of her stomping ground. She was sitting with a friend during our Christmas eve service, and I noticed that she left when all of the very young children dressed as angels were done with their part of the program (about 25 of them danced while the band was playing a song called "Sing Angels Sing" ... very cute).

A few minutes later, while the band was playing it's next song, I got this text message from my daughter:

"Dad, I'm with the angels."

Wow, Cingular really does have good coverage. I don't think that Sprint goes all the way up to the pearly gates.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Had to put the hair up on your neck!!! Would that we be the examples to our kids so that they make that their choice, every one.....

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

Had to put the hair up on your neck!!!
Well, I wouldn't say that it scared me at all, I just thought it was funny. I was also glad to know where she was after she disappeared. She is a great kid, and all of those little ones look up to her.

·
Premium Member
2,817 Posts
quote:Originally posted by cruelshoes

quote:Originally posted by sheepdog

Had to put the hair up on your neck!!!
Well, I wouldn't say that it scared me at all, I just thought it was funny. I was also glad to know where she was after she disappeared. She is a great kid, and all of those little ones look up to her.
It sure raised the hair on my neck when I read it - even though I pretty well new what she was talking about! Sounds like you have a great daughter.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Very cute and funny story. Being married to a preacher's daughter, I know it can be a strain - on both sides! Sounds like you have a daughter to do you proud.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No question, my wife and I are very pleased with our two daughters. Both are headed in the right direction. My wife is a great mother; I definitely married up on that fateful day in 1986.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts