Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Jaded James
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been 23 days since my last visit to the range. :eek: It will be another 5 days before I can make it back again. :( Normally I make weekly visits.

I do have a rimfire range at the house but have only put about 50 rounds down it in the last few weeks. And it is just NOT the same.

To make matters worse it's 70 degrees with clears skies and I'm stuck at work.

Sorry for the whining. Rant over. :eek:

How often do you make it to your range?

·
Reloading Addict
10,714 Posts
I don't go out and shoot nearly as often as I'd like either. Sooner or later things will slow down. Things have been real hectic at work but back to normal after this week end. Then it's back to the reloading bench and range. Hang in there.

·
Banned
4,407 Posts
I used to manage once a month, can't do even that well this year. Seventy mile round trip to my thankfully free Forest Service range gets pricey for gas. Plus ammo cost and a "bag lunch". I feel it best to save wear and tear on the car, too. I've been four times this year, hope to squeeze in one more, depending on weather.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Work permitting, four to six times a month.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I'm a member to an outdoor range/gun club, (rifles, handguns-pistols & skeet), which is a 30 mile round tripper for me, (way out in the "boonies". :eek: ) I've been going once every two weeks except since August it's been once a month. Work keeps getting in the way...but I am going this Saturday!!! :D

I have a thread in the Tavern forum titled "Range Day Eve", dated 9/20/12, you might want to peruse. It probably won't make you feel better or cure your withdrawals but it will tell you I know how you're feeling...

Hang in there, your days coming!!! ;)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Physical Therapist set a first goal for me after shoulder surgery to be able to reach things on an overhead shelf. My first goal is to be able to shoot my RRH .44 again. :D I know about withdrawal!

In the meantime, I often take the RRH and GP100 out of the safe and just fondle them for a few minutes. :)

·
Skeptical of Everything
3,655 Posts
I know what you mean by withdrawals ... 2 or 3 times a week for me ... was out in the pouring rain today ... didn't shoot but picked up a lot of brass. :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
I haven't been shooting since July! I have two kids under the age of 3 and another one the way, I also have a 1 hour commute each way to work so I am very busy. I am going to a gun show this weekend but that is just a tease.

To make things worse I was already to go on Tuesday and it was thunder and lighting all afternoon. I have a brand new AR-15 that I haven't been able to shoot yet!

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I haven't been to the range since mid August. I usually go twice a month with a buddy. Been saving my ammo and range money to buy that GP 100. I should be able to go more often soon as work picks up a bit more for the holidays. :)

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
Roughly 3 or 4 times a month. Going tomorrow.

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
Maybe once a month. May shoot with the wife every 2 months or so.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
I try to go at least once a week but sometimes life gets in the way. Other times I go four or five times a week. It just all depends on what else is going on and where I'm at.

·
Delta2
1,588 Posts
I have not been since August when I visited my friends club a few towns away!!! I usually like to go 1-2 times a week. Mostly shoot rimfire so I can afford 2 or more trips a week. I have also joined a club in my town but it's been 2 weeks since they finished processing my application and I still have not received my key/member card in the mail :mad:

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
I haven't shot in over a week. I have been laying here sick all week staring *<* at 2 new guns. I am going shooting tomorrow even if my husband has to hold an umbrella over my head to keep the rain off. (of course its a rainy weekend) Grrrr

·
The Shooterologist
3,992 Posts
Sorry to hear that Sightngrl, hope you get to feeling better!

I usually get to the shooting range 3 times a week, plus the rimfire match on Saturday morning.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Physical Therapist set a first goal for me after shoulder surgery to be able to reach things on an overhead shelf. My first goal is to be able to shoot my RRH .44 again. :D I know about withdrawal!
What surgery did you have? I had arthroscopic myself. just shooting handguns for now, when healed fully, my buddy will bring out his ar-15. can't wait!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Use to go once every other week, now just once a month, range my friend and I use is 100 miles round trip for me, 50 miles for him, I do a lot of dry fire at home.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts