Ruger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the site. Not to the Ruger products. Have a couple of pistols (lc9, SR9 357 revolver) 2 10/22. More on that later.

Wanting to purchase the AR556 . Is there really a 4 to 6 month backlog to get one ? Checked a couple of different places. Cabelas Bass Pro Scheels even my local guy and he is a Ruger dealer also.

Just wondering if this really a nation wide issue . Not worried by it just frustrated by it .

Thanks oh and some of you have some nice TOYS!

·
Righteous Dude
21,694 Posts
Some areas seem to have a more difficult time acquiring the rifle. I can find chemically and have also seen them at shows. They're available online as well.

Welcome.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Yes, that seems to be the case. The dealer I bought one from was selling them as fast as they could get them in. I asked very nicely to have one put one aside for me and a couple of hours later a truck came in with three. By the time I got there a few hours later, they had sold the other two.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I'm in no real hurry . Just found it hard to believe they were having this big of an issue stocking them

Joewisc the DPMS Oracle is $125 more then the Ruger but thanks for your opinion .

Thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
14,866 Posts
There are a few in the LGS's here in the Democratic People's Republic of Illinois. They make great Christmas presents it appears.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Well I'm in no real hurry . Just found it hard to believe they were having this big of an issue stocking them

Joewisc the DPMS Oracle is $125 more then the Ruger but thanks for your opinion .

Thanks guys.
I found mine for 529. The Oracle cheaper than the Ruger in my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
7,847 Posts
All good things take Time!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bought mine around Nov 20 last month for 539.00. Also picked up a new CZ75Bd to go along with the new Ar- I thought better buy as no one knows what the future holds...

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Might want to consider the S&W AR-15 M&P Sport these are a very nice AR-15 bought one for my son. I was at the LGS today they had some. Obummer's EO doesn't help out in getting your AR-15!!! Hope you find one good luck.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Unless you are just sold on the Ruger, you might want to look at the S&W M&P 15 Sport II, or something from Palmetto State Armory. Decent rifles within the same price range.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts