Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son ordered a .44 mag 3.75 inch Super Blackhawk (from Talo I think) with the intention of putting Hogue or Pachmyar rubber grips on it. Upon inspection he discovered that he had been shipped the same gun but with a Bisley grip (from Lipsey I think). Question here is does anyone out there know if anyone makes replacement finger grips for one of these Bisley's in EITHER rubber OR wood?

I have mixed emotions about this because if he CAN'T locate replacement grips then his dear old Dad is going to get to keep this one, LOVE IT just the way it is!

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
You won't find rubbers for a Bisley - just don't make 'em. Finger groove ones...don't think so either. However, part of the plus of the Bisley is it naturally handles nice. Allow it to roll naturally just as you should with any single action.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorta figured so....

You won't find rubbers for a Bisley - just don't make 'em. Finger groove ones...don't think so either. However, part of the plus of the Bisley is it naturally handles nice. Allow it to roll naturally just as you should with any single action.
I'm with you 100% on this and don't really like the rubber grips on much of anything...I've tried to explain to him that the Bisley design would accomplish much of what he was wanting to do anyway. Thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bisley Grips - OUCH!

I had a Blackhawk Bisley in 45 Colt. Bought it specifically to shoot "+P" 45LC. It felt like I was on a fast boat to carpal tunnel syndrome. Causes the recoil to go straight back into my wrist. What works for one does not work for all.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
That Ruger the OP is talking about man I would leave it as is also. That's probably because I have a Ruger Vaquero Bisley 5.5 SS in .357 & I love this gun. The Bisley grips really tame the recoil especially for hotter loads!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts