·
Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I see they are still on Ruger's website though..... :confused:

·
Registered
717 Posts
Well good. Now I have a collectors item, a classic, a veritable goldmine.
I will be rich and travel the world. I will meet women and chase interesting people. Wait; that wasn't right.:rolleyes:

Anyone want to buy mine? It's going to the LGS on consignment next week.:D

·
Banned
4,774 Posts
They never really floated my boat .....but i dont think it would be to hard to modify an aftermarket pistol grip stock and make one up out of a 10/22.

·
Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have heard nothing but also haven't been doing my "snooping".
Just going off the GS website (did you see it), they're usually reliable.
If true, Ruger is usually quick taking things down off their site, so I suppose, wait and see.

·
Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
...but i dont think it would be to hard to modify an aftermarket pistol grip stock and make one up out of a 10/22.
That will get you a long stay in Federal Prison here in the US. You cannot legally use the Charger barrel on the rifle receiver. The other way around is fine though. You can make a 10/22 rifle from the Charger receiver.

I bought my Charger when they first came out. Still sits, unfired, in the box.

·
Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I bought my Charger when they first came out. Still sits, unfired, in the box.
May I ask why ?
I have only ever seen one in the flesh.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
May I ask why ?
I have only ever seen one in the flesh.
I just never warmed up to it. I couldnt decide what type scope to put on it, pistol scope, or rifle scope. I thought it was cool, and I got a good deal on it, and since I have 4 other 10/22 rifles, it seemed like the thing to buy. I have many other guns to shoot, and really am a handgun enthusiast. It is a neat concept, but one that I just never could find a use for. I also considered the fact that it is legally a handgun, and if I ever wanted to do something like a little hi-cap pistol, then I have a legal receiver to do so. I joined an outdoor range this year, and before that didnt really have a good, convenient place to shoot. I live in the city, and cant shoot in my backyard. Since I now have a nice place, the Charger is in the back of my mind. My wife is new to shooting, and wants to start shooting a 22 rifle for fun, so the Charger might just have to start earning its keep.

·
Ausmerican.
42,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just never warmed up to it.
My wife is new to shooting, and wants to start shooting a 22 rifle for fun, so the Charger might just have to start earning its keep.
Yep, you may have found a use for it..... ;) :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.